I have to get my gallbladder out and am nervous.. any thoughts or insight as to whats going to happen?

One of the easiest surgeries I've ever had. It is usually a much more simple recovery and I'm sure you will do well! Best to you!

I had mine out about 8 or so years ago and it was pretty easy.  Recovery the first day was rough and getting in and out of bed was too (as is normal for any belly type surgery) but as far as getting out and doing things I only took off work a few days.  My energy level was low the first few days but was fine after that.  It was simple compared to my bypass surgery.

Thanks guys!  I am a bit nervous but that's with any surgery..

They use (or should) most of the same incision as they did for your WLS so essentially you are "used to" what that sort of abdominal surgery feels like.  So in this regard it should be an easier recovery then the WLS.  Other then that, you may have some really loose stools for a few day up to a couple weeks after but your body will adjust to the missing gallbladder, compensate, and go back to normal.   I had mine out on a Thursday and went back to work Monday.  There is an exercise/lifting restriction like when you had the WLS again, but not for as long this time.

I had mine out in 2006. Easy-peasy. I didn't need any pain meds afterwards (take your meds though if you need them!) and the scars can barely be seen now. Typical abdominal soreness from a laparoscopic procedure, but overall quick and easy recovery. Best of all, no gallbladder attacks anymore. :)