tomincolorado

I'm just 7 pounds away from no longer being 'obese'

I'm 3.5 months post-op from an RNY and I'm just 7 pounds from officially moving out of the 'obese' category and into the 'overweight' category.  Between my pre-op low carb diet and my post-op loss, I am 82 ponds lighter than I was at Thanksgiving of last year. 

I'm excited and I just want to send out hope and good thoughts to everyone who struggles.  I had my plateaus and even a 5-pound bounceback, but every time I went back on a very regimented diet, I had success.  I can't exercise much, due to ortho issues, but even there the weight loss is helping.

I know many of you are in pain/discomfort, not experiencing the weight loss you were hoping for, or miss being able to eat your favorite foods.  It is worth it.  Even if you lose slowly, you are helping your body.

Lastly. advocate for yourself.  Seek the help and support of a good doctor, a good nutritionist, and good friends.  I have had to remind my friends when we go out to PLEASE not urge more food on me.  I am very open about my surgery and I try to educate the folks around me how critical it is that I not eat more the my ration.  Most can't believe how little I eat, and try to coax me into 'just one more bite' or 'you've earned dessert'.  It takes a lot of will power to say no, but telling them how physically miserable I feel if I eat just one more bite helps them understand what gastric pain is like.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble.  Best of luck to all in our various struggles.  Eat like your life depended on it!

Cheers,

Tom

Awesome post!

Love this! Isn't it such a wonderful feeling? That was a HUGE milestone for me as I was losing weight. Sooner than you realize, you'll be staring at that elusive "overweight to normal BMI" milestone. You are doing fantastic and keep up the wonderful work!

Awesome news, congrats, huge milestone.

Congrats on your fabulous loss!