Icandoit

May 11th

Anyone else have May 11th for a surgery date?

I'm May 12th.

Congrats all May surgeries.

I'm May also!  Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

Hello We are surgery twins. My gastric bypass surgery is scheduled for May 11, 2015.

My sleeve is May 11th :) Good luck to you!

My sleeve is May 6th. Best of luck! May 11th is my wedding anniversary, great day for all of you to have your procedure done!

Congratulations. My surgery is May 7th.

Yay - another for this week! Congratulations :)

Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to all the May surgeries.

Ma how did your surgery go, hopefully your doing good?

Djean best of luck on your surgery.

Ksgal79...Surgery was 'text book perfect' according to my surgeon. Had trouble with dry heaves and didn't rest at all the 1st night. Blew 2 different IV sites, I was on a roll. Got up and started walking the night that I had my surgery. Felt good to be up and moving around. My surgeon alternated phenergan and zofran with dilaudid the 1st day and a 1\2. Said that nausea is normal with the swelling after surgery. Holy wow was it no fun!

Day 2 I was up and walking by 7 am. Started my liquid diet, but wasnt very interested in it at all. Small sips all day long. I could feel everything go down from the time it hit my lips until it settled in my new tummy. Went home that night.

Day 3 found me all over the place with the hubby. He had me walking and getting fresh air for most of the day. By 3 pm, I needed a nap! Still sipping, managed to get about 50 oz in. Sf Jello and SF Popsicles are lifesavers.

Today we added vitamins, calcium, protein shakes and split pea soup to the clear liquids. That's been an adventure. Added some crystal light to my water so that it isn't so blah. Took my walks, enjoyed the beautiful weather. Still get a bit worn down, so I know when to give myself a break. Not really needing pain meds, thank goodness.

Knowing your limits is going to be a huge key. I'm glad that I went through with it and didn't run from the hospital in my purple gown. Hubby is being wonderful, kids still think that I was perfect before the surgery. They are very gentle with my incisions and bruises. Love those kiddos!

I follow up on Thursday, hopefully I'll be on the losers bench!

It's the 11th may here in Australia in 30 mins so am just sending good thoughts and best wishes to all 11 May surgeries!  See you on the losers bench :-)

Tracey

May 12th...tomorrow !!!

I had my sleeve on May 6th.. I'm almost one week out.  I go for my one week appointment tomorrow. In hospital for one night and sugerryiy went very well. It was painful... I was just trying to stay awake while in the hospital and getting up to walk got easier and actually gave me relief from the pain to get up and walk.  I'm doing better than I expected at home. I'm able to get all my fluids in.... allowed protein drinks, water, crystal light, tea and broth.  My next step will be pureed food which I'm hoping goes well.  My biggest complaint is back pain... anyone else have this?  When  I get up to move around my stomach doesn't really hurt... it's my back that starts getting sore right away.  I think it's from me kinda hunching over when I'm up and moving around.  Good luck to May surgeries

I had my surgery yesterday. It was ok yesterday but today is a little rougher. I'm going to take one day at a time. How'd everybody is doing so far?

My biggest complaint is back pain... anyone else have this?  When  I get up to move around my stomach doesn't really hurt... it's my back that starts getting sore right away.  I think it's from me kinda hunching over when I'm up and moving around.  Good luck to May surgeries

I think the back pain is normal.  I had my sleeve done on the 12th and too experienced the back pain especially between my shoulder blades.  The nurses explained to me that was the gas pains and that walking was the only way to alleviate that.  I hope your back pain is doing better!  

I had my surgery May 11. (Bypass) I am also experiencing more back pain than anything else! Any suggestions. I am walking, finally pulled out a heating pad!

I had my surgery May 11. (Bypass) I am also experiencing more back pain than anything else! Any suggestions. I am walking, finally pulled out a heating pad!

I had my bypass on the 12th and also had back pain between the shoulder blades. I would avoid heat and use an ice pack instead. It helped a lot. Pain was gone next day.

How is everyone doing?

Had my sleeve 5/6. Went for my 3 month follow up last week and I was down 50 lbs. Doesn't seem like much to me and I don't see the difference, but he reassured me that I'm a superstar (ha!) and it will take time for me to see the changes that everyone else sees. Labs are perfect. Getting in as much swimming as I can (monsoon season). Just put a treadmill in the living room. It's been a huge life change, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

How is everyone else?

Edited by m&a's mom

I had my surgery on May 6th also and only down 50 lbs. too.  I feel like it should be falling off!!  I'm eaitng 1,000 or less calories and working out.  My doctor says I'm just doing fine.  I was happy to see someone in the same boat!!