trishschaff1

That time of the month and I want to eat EVERYTHING!

First of all I'm at a bit of a stall.

Last weeks weigh-in I lost 0lbs and this week I only lost 2.8. I'm so frustrated. And I know stalls happen and any kind of a loss is better then nothing at all, but still....

Having such a little weight loss makes it difficult to make good food choices and then on a day like today, when it's that time of the month I find it unbearable!

I want to eat everything, especially chocolate. My diet plan doesn't include any carbs at all right now other then what comes in the protein I eat.

So earlier I gave in and ate 16 chocolate animal crackers. Now of course I regret it and wish I had demonstrated more self control. And on top of giving in to the temptation these cramps are so painful that I wasn't able to work out today.

My hormones are all over the place making me so irritable, and angry, worse then I've ever been. I've never been this impatient before.

Also the PMS seems so much worse now then before the surgery, I'm really hoping it this doesn't stay this way.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this horrible PMS after surgery? Did it last? How has it affected your weight loss? Where you put on anything for the moods?

Stalls are completely normal and should be expected.  Your weightloss will not just be a continuous downward slope;  it will look more like stairs.  Many many people get their first stall at 3 weeks.  I think I didn't get mine till 5.  My weightloss really amped up after about 6 weeks post op.    Also it is is pretty typical to have small "gains" in there as well, not fat gains but water gains.  Particularily around 'that time of the month' for us woman.  Just a normal part of the process the majority of us have to deal with.  

I routinely gain 3-5lbs overnight when aunt flo visits (technically the week before she visits) and I have since almost the beginning.  I obviously REALLY retain water when I'm on my period.  It leaves all at once when it is done as well.  I also have an insatiable appetite during this time - not physically hungry - just wanting to eat any and everything.  It is horrible and by far the biggest struggle and test of will for one week out of every month.   I just deal the best I can.

Nothing you can do about the crackers, don't feel guilty - it's over.  Get a nice heating pad or hot water bottle on your tummy and maybe a chocolate protein shake and try to relax...can you take anything for the cramps?  

Nothing you can do about the crackers, don't feel guilty - it's over.  Get a nice heating pad or hot water bottle on your tummy and maybe a chocolate protein shake and try to relax...can you take anything for the cramps?

Tylenol doesn't work, I actually broke down and took one of my pain pills left over from the surgery. It wasn't this bad before surgery. could be age as well, and the fact that I can comfort myself with food.

Did the 16 animal crackers take away your pain/discomfort? Just trying to put it into perspective.

Part of the amazing journey is learning how to cope with life without using food as a crutch. You will want to learn this lesson early to be successful.