EVERYTHING MUST GO! FINAL CLEARANCE - ALL WEIGHT WILL GO APR 13/2015 !

Hello...

As I write this it is very emotional for me to do. It has taken years to get to this point. Internet research, books, mental processing and lots of appointments, forms, and travelling to out of town clinics and doctors. It has not been an easy ride.

I have questioned myself is this right for me throughout the ride? What can I expect as a post Op-Bariatric patient? What is required for me to be successful, and can I maintain that level for the rest of my life?

All of these questions have helped me lead right back to here, to this starting point. A desire for change! A desire and a will to make this happen, to invest in the sweat. I have done so many diets, I won't name them as I am sure you know what they are as well. I have spent days in and out at Gyms embarrassing myself with sweat running down my face and chest, falling into pools on the step climber, while the gym maintenance worker began to mop up underneath me! All to loosing and getting nowhere.

I have always loved exercise up to this point. I have conquered a lot of "insecurities" about my weight very recent. Changing in a locker room I could never do, but I can now as I have worked on it and made a positive move to belong to a club.

I want to continue being able to wear the trendy clothing that I have always have growing up, without having the added extra beer belly. Clothing excites me it is a part of me, I don't want to constantly dress as a slob in a hoodie and pair of sweat pants as these are the only sizes or things I feel comfy in when I go out. It's not me anyways!

I love to metal detect.

I love to go running in the many gorgeous scenic trails near my house with my earphones.

I can't wait to be able to get of this extra weight to be able to ride better mountain biking.

I would love to pick up racquet ball

I would love to join a curling club

I would really like to start dating again and be able to find someone.

If I don't put in the energy to continue on working, continue to changing myself then how can I expect this good energy and things to come back into my life, rather than expect more of the same old...

This is why I believe Bariatric Weight Loss surgery is right for me.

APR 13 2015 [TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL]

ROFL!  I love it!

Congrats on your decision, best of luck and keep us informed as to how things develop.

Thank you for the well wishes. I will be keeping in touch. I've lost 12-14 lbs on the pre-op liquid diet for 3 weeks now.

Funny thing is, I am not really hungry and a lot of my cravings to mindless eat are gone it seems for now. Just the smells of the food cooking gets me this late in the game, but I will be fine post-op slowly re-adding the food I can eat in stages.

Oh dear lord bless me on this silver cold table come Monday...

Hey I used to work at TWH- great hospital!!

I will be thinking of you Monday and wish you a safe landing on the loser's bench!!

Good luck for Monday - can't wait to hear about some of those NSV's in the very near future  :)

Good luck. It sounds as if you are committed to this new journey!

Good luck tomorrow! And enjoy your new relationship with food! You seem quite articulate, sensitive and totally dateable so I hope the surgery will give you that confidence back!

WTG! you will be in my thoughts and prayers for tomorrow-you won't regret it! and you will be knocked out before you feel the temperature of the table! :) seriously you have so many things you want and can do-you will be UNSTOPPABLE! we will be checking on you!

Welcome and I hope all went well with surgery!  A new start, a new life!  Let us know how you are doing when you can!