Revision Surgery Tomorrow- Anxious

HI there,

I'm so thankful I found this group today! My process with insurance went so fast I barely had time to look up online support. I went in for my very first appointment around the 9th of March, got approved last week, surgery is scheduled tomorrow. I didn't expect it to be that smooth!

My original surgery was back in Aug 2005.  The new Dr. went in with an endoscopy and found my hole from my stomach to intestine had gotten significantly bigger.  I was a perfect candidate for the revision and insurance approved within a few days. I'm anxious about my new lease on life!

Just wanted to post and say hello and I can't wait get to know everyone!!! My Dr. said I could go to work on Monday. I'm hoping that's the case but I've seen others say it's not easy.

Well Thanks for Listening! :D

Welcome to TT!

I'm unsure of the surgeries you are referring to- did you have a GB in 2005? What is your revision??

Nice to hear of things going fast for a change.  Best of luck in your surgery, let us know how it goes.

Welcome to TT!

I'm unsure of the surgeries you are referring to- did you have a GB in 2005? What is your revision??

Hi there, I had GB in 2005.....sorry about that! My revision is to fix the original RNY with another RNY. Thanks for the welcome and the Congrats! It was nice that the insurance pushed it right through. My last insurance refused to cover it so I'm super excited. I hope to wake up like I did with the last one......not feeling very much pain at all. I'll keep you all posted!

Thinking of you today Terri (and everyone else having surgery).

Post when you can to let us know how you're doing.

Hi there!! I'm finally home. Surgery went very well according to my dr. I know swelling is normal but when I took my first shower this morning I noticed my left side was much more swollen than my right....is this normal?

Glad you got home.  Yes, swelling on one side can be more normal if that is where the incisions are.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Terri

I just wanted to check in with you and see how you're feeling.

I too had a revision done.

I had my original surgery August 1994, and my revision February 19, 2015.

I look forward to reading about your progress.

Hi Trish!

Sorry for the delay.  I'm doing well! I haven't lost as much as I'd like to so far. I'm down about 12lbs.  This morning I woke up with the worst case of nausea and vomiting but the only thing I was throwing up was water because that was really the only thing I had taken in since yesterday afternoon. I tried to eat a popsicle to maybe help it but it didn't. My poor son was asking if I was okay and I had assure him I was fine just a little sick. I felt faint and I think that was the worst I've felt since surgery. I hope for it never to happen again but I know I'll have my moments.

How are you doing since your surgery? 41.8 lbs is awesome!! Congrats! I really hope to be down at least 20lbs by the end of the month! Fingers crossed!

newbie, were they able to do the revision by keyhole?  well done on the 12lbs. that is awesome progress for 14 days at your weight!!!!!!!!  that is nearly a stone in two weeks.  way to go!!!

Hi there. If you mean Laparascopically then yes. Thanks! I'm excited about teh weight loss but I am ready to see more progression. I wasn't able to eat the past 2 days because I've been nauseous and throwing up. I've only been drinking water. Well I finally figured out what was wrong. I haven't been taking the Antacids the Dr. prescribed me the day I left the hospital. I had forgotten because I filled the prescription but he told me not to start taking them for another week and a half. My husband finally realized that it might be the problem. I took one this morning and thankfully it worked! :D

I know what you mean about the medicine from the doctor.

I now take my Prilosec faithfully.

I think you're off to a great start.

And I'm glad to hear the medicine seems to be helping you feel better.

Little boys are the sweetest aren't they.

Yes! My son is so sweet and considerate even though he's 14. I don't know how I raised such a kid! He's my life! Yes the antacid was a Godsend. Or a DrSend! ha! I can't believe what a difference it makes! I wore a sundress for the first time in over 2yrs today. Not because I feel like I look good in it but because it feels good to finally start feeling better about myself again! :)

I did the same thing with my Prilosec. The pain, nausea, and vomiting was terribly debilitating! I won't ever not take it again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I found for about 2wks I was eating more than I thought I should. I was told I could be confusing hunger with boredom and to just drink more water. I haven't had issues since! Congrats on your surgery! I haven't been losing as quickly as I like but my body has changed because I now go to Boot Camp 5-6 times a week. So my fat is being replaced by muscle. My nutritionist said I was fine with the little weight loss bc of the working out.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of when I'm head hungry & actually hungry. When I described how I felt (as in being lack of food hungry) I was the told it was probably indigestion.... I know its not but I hoping when I go on to stage 2 I'll fill a little less light headed etc. How much have you managed to loose this time round? With the pre op diet & a week & 2 days post off I have lost 18 pounds but can't see it! I wanted to loose & maintain a 3 stone loss this time

Sorry for the late response.... So far I'm only down about 25lbs. BUT I started working out so my body is changing but my weight is adjusting itself with the fat/muscle ratio right now. I've gained muscle and lost fat.

I don't have much of an appetite. When I do I make sure it's going to be something healthy obviously.  I love my sugar free popsicles as a snack. I don't eat jello all that often. Avocadoes and baby cucumbers are also yummy! I really have only eaten chicken except for 1 occasion where my husband barbqued and made me a little baby slider. No bread of course but I topped it with a baby tomato, guac and a purple onion, oh and a slice of cheese. Ate it with a fork. It was delicious! I only ate about half of it and got full!