Vitamin Strengths

Lopez413

Per surgeon and my nutritional packet. I am to take my multivitamin, calcium +D 500mg, Vitamin B12 500mcg, and Iron 65mg. After I saw my OB/GYN today she wants me to increase the Calcium to 1200-1500mg a day and a Vitamin D 2000IU-4000IU a day plus a Omega 3 1000mg per day. 

I am curious as to how many mg or IU you are taking and if you take an Omega 3. I haven't had a chance to call my surgeon's office yet to ask about the omega 3 but I was curious if the reason for increasing my calcium and vitamin d is because I am young and see wants to be proactive about bone loss or if it is because she knows my husband and I will be trying for baby # 3 in the fall. 

Hands down, for me (and others on the forum) Coromega Omega3 plus D Squeeze is superior to regular omega 3 supplements.  It's an emulsified fish oil (using egg yolk) and is 300% more bioavailable than regular fish oil - with none of that fishy burping thing.

I get mine from vitacost.com - I don't mind any of the flavours but the Tropical Orange is my favourite.    http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?NttSR=1&searchButton=search&ss=1&ddlCategories=0&ntk=products&N=0&Ntt=coromega%20squeeze

My knees have been really bad for years but with Coromega Squeeze, I've managed without having to take pain medication.  And generally, 1 sachet a day is enough.

Supplement Facts - Serving Size: 1 Packet

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 20
   Calories from Fat 20
Total Fat 2 g 3%
   Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%
   Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Vitamin C 12 mg 20%
Vitamin D3 1000 IU 250%
Vitamin E 3 IU 10%
Fish Oil 2000 mg *
  Long Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids 650 mg *
   EPA 350 mg *
   DHA 230 mg *
Stevia Leaf Extract 10 mg *

This is worth a read although it's hard going   Enhanced absorption of omega-3 fatty acids from emulsified compared with encapsulated fish oil