Duckie

Wendy's Chili Recipe

does this still need to be stirred, even in a crockpot?

We moved and the closest Wendy's is 20 miles away.

( there is only one restaurant in the little town I moved to, and it's only open after 5 pm, lol)

I want to make a big ol' pot of this stuff to store in the fridge for days like today when I just can't get moving!

I stir mine...some. I dont stir it all the time...only in the beginning and maybe part way through - then I taste it to see if I need to adjust the spices.

I put on a crock pot at 8pm Saturday night and let it cook all night long. I cooked it on low...I turned it down to warm about 730am...

it didnt get touched after 10pm..

I read this entire thread and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hungry. I know there are a lot of newbees like me out there, so I thought I would bring back up!

I made a pot today and substituted a MILD can of Rotel's chopped tomatoes and chillis for the tomatoes and chillis separate. It was still spicy!

Here's another hint - freeze it in muffin tins (each "cup" holds 1/2 cup) and when it is frozen, put two to a baggie and keep in the freezer. YUM!

Rose

Lap RNY 05/08/08

I tried this recipes last night. i puree it but my family ate it as is. Unbelievable!! They loved it. Thanks! Do you have any more recipes that you can share?

I had to laugh at your question. I do NOT cook. THIS is my only recipe. lmao Did you try it with or without the pepperoni?

Wow! Great recipes - I find the pepperoni added in the 2nd recipe is something quite special that I've never really seen in any other chili recipes. I pride myself as the Chili Queen of the family - so this will be interesting to implement into my own recipe LOL - and I'm glad to see kidney beans included - most of my family has a "pintos only" type rule - anyway Thanks for sharing ;)

Jacquii.

I tell ya, the pepperoni really adds an extra zip to it. Let me know how it comes out. :-)

Sure will! I'll be doing some shopping on Monday and will definitely add the ingredients to my list! I do love me some good chili = yum! So I'm gonna enjoy it ;)

Jacquii.

LOL!!! Everytime I would see Wendy's chili mentioned I thought you were all referring to the restaurant Wendy's chili. I am glad to see that there is a recipe that I can actually try to make when I get a little further down the path.

Actually laurie, the original recipe on the first page is "Wendy's" recipe. The fast food restaraunt.

Was looking for this. Yeah, so glad I found it. I am bumping for Newbies like me to find.

Blessings,

Cindy

Ingredients:

* 93% Lean Ground Beef, 32 oz

* Bean-Pinto Cooked, 3.5 cup

* bean red kidney, 3.5 cup

* Tomato Sauce, 3.5 cup

* Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped

* Celery, raw, .5 cup, diced

* Red Ripe Tomatoes, 3 medium whole (2-3/5" dia)

* Hot Chili Peppers, 2 pepper

* Cumin seed, 2 tsp

* Chili powder, 3 tbsp

* Pepper, black, 1.5 tsp

* No Salt, sodium substitute, 2 tsp

* Water, tap, 2 cup (8 fl oz)

Nutrition Facts

User Entered Recipe

12 Servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 243.1

Total Fat 5.5 g

Saturated Fat 2.1 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g

Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g

Cholesterol 43.3 mg

Sodium 629.0 mg

Potassium 961.1 mg

Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g

Dietary Fiber 11.1 g

Sugars 4.1 g

Protein 24.0 g

Vitamin A 21.9 %

Vitamin B-12 0.0 %

Vitamin B-6 14.1 %

Vitamin C 48.8 %

Vitamin D 0.0 %

Vitamin E 6.1 %

Calcium 2.7 %

Copper 10.5 %

Folate 15.5 %

Iron 19.0 %

Magnesium 9.5 %

Manganese 17.8 %

Niacin 6.3 %

Pantothenic Acid 4.0 %

Phosphorus 8.1 %

Riboflavin 6.6 %

Selenium 2.4 %

Thiamin 7.1 %

Zinc 5.5 %

Thanks so much for shaing ur recipe. I've been wanting chili and looking for a recipe and found this one, I'm gonna try it. I'm 7 weeks post op with the Sleeve, so I can't have ground beef, so I will use the ground turkey. I love the Wendy's chili, I know this will be great. thanks again

I want to try this recipe next week when I hit the pureed stage and was wondering if you can expand on the "Other types of beans" -- I've never been a bean person I always hated them until about a year ago so I don't even know what kinds of beans you would put in chili :)

I can't WAIT to be able to eat some Wendy's chili.....after that, I will definitely be trying this YUMMY recipe!!! Maybe with the pepperoni, too. Sounds delish!

At this point, I'd just like ANY real food. Liquids only is TOUGH!!! Least I didn't have to do liquids only for my liver detox diet tho.

By the way, my engagement ring is already looser :)

Edited by mistymee
fixed typo per OP's request.

I just made a batch of this...My DW says that it is the best chili she has ever had. It is so good and filling.

I am making this now.. and it smells amazing. I used the pepperoni in mine.

The pepperoni makes it soooooo tastey! Enjoy.

Mmmmm - I love chili...and love that chili Christina ans Stewart made for the summer BBQ (the one with cream cheese in it). But BOY was I ever stinky for a long time after (hehehe!!) :D

What is the recipe for the chili that has cream cheese in it?

Jackie

Thank you so much for this recipe.  I read over my papers last night and I am in phase 3 of eating.  At the bottom of the sheet it said I can have chili.  So my kids picked up an order of Wendy's chili for me.  It tastes so good.  I am so tired of refried beans, cream soups, etc.  I have all of the ingredients to make my own chili and while we are having Storm Q (yes that is what they have named the next snow storm for the midwest) and it is snowing the 11.9" of snow they are expecting I will have my crock pot making the chili.  I will use someones idea of using a muffin tin to put it in, freeze it and put the chili muffins in zip lock bags so I will be able to have it when I want.

Well i made this chilli recipe last night, that was so delicious. I like the combination of

ground, chicken and cubed chicken. It adds, to the texture of the chili. Overall it has

potential with changes, to the recipe. Take it to the good chili showdown.

Edited by Jacobb

Thank you so much for the Wendy's recipie (with pepperoni)! This tastes so good and stays down very well. I'm able to eat a whole cup (puréed) at a meal.

I made this a week or so ago, and I'm still eating it! It's pretty yummy.  I froze a bunch of it and I've been pulling it out as I needed it.  It's great for when I don't want to cook.  Also, it got better the second day.  Really yummy! Thanks a bunch!

I get sooooo sick from Chili. I still can't figure it out. I can eat lots of spicy things, habanero sauce, whole jalepenos, but Chili has some sort of spice that gets me every time. I used to eat it and then throw up the froth stuff and now 2 years out, it just makes me nauseous for hours and hours. The other day, I made the chili dip with cream cheese in the crock pot. We eat it with chips...it is so good. Well, dumb me....I ate it and thought i was so cool. Next morning, I paid for it....all day. I am sorry to be so graphic, but I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that can't eat chili. Maybe it is some secret seasoning that gets me. I miss Weinersnitzel chili cheese dogs. :rolleyes:

Would you please post the recipe for the chili dip with cream cheese?  Thanks.