terrible30

March 17th Bypass

Well, I've made it through almost all of my pre-surgery diet and I'll be glad when it's time to go ahead. Last couple of days I've been very lethargic and weak feeling. I'm just glad that tomorrow is my last day.  

Not trying to spook you, just be aware that many of us have little energy and constantly feel tired for about six weeks after surgery. I wish someone had given me a heads up!

Good luck of the Irish to you!

Thanks for the head's up on that.  It would worry me if it continued on and not knowing it is a normal thing.

I'm rather nervous now.  I'm about 12 hrs away from my surgery and the "what ifs" are running through my head.

Good Luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow and see you on the bench!!

Best of luck to you tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow!

Thinking of you today, terrible30, I hope all went well

Just checking in!  Things went great!  Other than a sinus infection, I bounced back quicker than most and was able to leave after one night's stay.  Working on eating and getting into a healthy routine now.

That's awesome that you are feeling so good. Are you able to sleep in your bed or are you sleeping in a recliner?

Glad to hear things are coming along!!

Congrats and welcome to the bench!!

Thank you all! :)  

JulieW, I slept in the recliner for two days and have been in my own bed since.  Each day it gets better :)

Hello Terrible30!

So happy for you that your surgery went well!

You and I were just one day apart--I'm back at work and couldn't agree with you more--each day is a little better with the fatigue and nausea for me.

I'm curious what sort of exercise you are fitting in at this point. I'm using a treadmill for two 15-minute walks per day. Doc delighted for now, but says that won't cut it when I see them at 6 months. I'm hoping you have found something that works well for you--maybe a new idea I can try too.

Thanks for sharing about your experience--I'll watch for more great news from you as time passes. Good luck with your fresh start! Kathy