Peanut Butter

I was not allowed to have PB for a few weeks. You should have a list of approved foods, if not check with your NUT. I would encourage you to stick exactly to plan. Remember that we are working to change behavior so doing what we always did in the past (give into cravings/temptation) is setting up a difficult course. Hang in there, the liquid portion of your plan will soon be over. You can do it!

There are a couple of peanut butter flavored protein drinks on the market that taste good.  One is by Maxtrix and another is Metabolic Nutrition.  You can get samples at Nashua Nutrition of both of them.  It solved the PB desire for me.  

Stay away from peanut butter as long as you can - tons of fat and calories. It generally something they give people to make them gain weight.

Try PB2!

At one week out?? Wow, no.

Way too many calories, fat, and heaviness. I don't think I ate PB til I got closer to goal.

As MJ mentioned, there are alternatives.

What everyone else said, too high in fat and calories and not worth it nutritionally.  I have only do PB2 since surgery and that has only been on a small rare set of occasions.  Even with PB2 it is too early for you to have that and I would caution moderation and restraint with PB2 as well.

agreed with everyone. i've only had one tablespoon of peanut butter since surgery, and i knew afterwards that the calories weren't going to be worth it.

PB2 is definitely a great alternative, but i would exercise caution this early on. i agree with ikantspel, the peanut butter protein shakes would be a better choice.

Peanut butter was not on my approved list under week 4.

I LOVE Metabolic Nutrition Peanut Butter Cookie protein powder;  the Syntrax Peanut Butter Cookie is also quite good, I just like the Metabolic one more so.  You can get samples of both those flavors off of Nashua Nutrition.

Skippy Creamy here... no less than 4 heaping tablespoons at night with a giant milk chaser!

not any more! I am reformed! mentally and physically!

stick to the plan! no one said it would be easy!

and, I am no on the hunt for PB Flavored protein !

Just no. I didn't have it until I was at least a year out.  I got the healthy kind no sugar etc.  It is addicting for me.  something about the texture almost puts me in a trance.  Not on my food plan anymore. Even if you can handle it, it is just way too early.

What is PB2?  Thanks! Oh and those PB cookie protein shakes, do you have to buy a huge container?

What is PB2? Thanks! Oh and those PB cookie protein shakes, do you have to buy a huge container?

It's a powdered peanut butter, very low fat, that you can add water to and make into more traditional peanut butter paste or add to things for flavor. I like adding it to plain yogurt.

http://www.bellplantation.com

Edited by PapaG

Ooops news to me. I had adams natural smooth pb blended into my protein shakes pretty much all of the time. It is protein rich and 1g of natural sugar, no added anything. I feel guilty now because I'm really trying to do this correctly and not cheat. For what it's worth at most I could only drink 12oz. of protein shake a day.

If you want to pay an outrageous amount of money you can continue to buy single servings from Nashua, but it keeps forever so why wouldn't you buy a container?

What is PB2?  Thanks! Oh and those PB cookie protein shakes, do you have to buy a huge container?

As WIP said, you can keep buying samples but if you actually like it might as well get a tub.  Can certainly order the sample of each first though before deciding what, if either, tub you want.  There are places to get cheaper tubs then Nashua too - they are just the best place to get samples.

• 6 years later...
5 hours ago, Sandra Tate said:

Hey I'm a new patient my name is Sandra I just wanted to know what it was like after surgery I am fixing to have my surgery sometime in November I'm very excited I started my journey a year ago

Welcome to Thinner Times Sandra!

I was pretty sore for a few days after my gastric bypass but I also had hernias repaired at the same time and came home with drains.  

Best advice I can give is that when you get home from hospital, you take little walks around the house/yard at regular intervals and keep up with your fluids.