Feeling Light-headed

I am almost 8 months out and for the last few weeks I have noticed that when I stand up I get light-headed and feel like I am going to pass out. Does anyone else do this or have any idea why? I have appointment tomorrow with my surgeon so I plan on asking him too.

I have been dealing with this for quite awhile. My office told me it is reactive hypoglycemia. You can google it/post bariatric surgery. There is a ton of info out there. There really is not a lot of to be done about it, except eat more frequently throughout the day. My office gave me a glucose meter so I can check my sugars and figure out the best times of the day for me to eat. Hope this helps!!

Dizziness hit me at about 8 months out..... it was definitely low blood pressure for me - I run 80 over 50 most days.  My surgeon recommended increasing my water intake, adding more salt, and half a cup of caffeinated coffee.   All of this helps.

Best wishes!

I have been dealing with this for quite awhile. My office told me it is reactive hypoglycemia. You can google it/post bariatric surgery. There is a ton of info out there. There really is not a lot of to be done about it, except eat more frequently throughout the day. My office gave me a glucose meter so I can check my sugars and figure out the best times of the day for me to eat. Hope this helps!!

Whoa...you look unbelievable in your new picture!!! I can't believe it, your hair is AWESOME!

Sorry for the threadjack.

Dizziness hit me at about 8 months out..... it was definitely low blood pressure for me - I run 80 over 50 most days.  My surgeon recommended increasing my water intake, adding more salt, and half a cup of caffeinated coffee.   All of this helps.

Best wishes!

Same here, super low blood pressure bottoms out when I stand too quickly - more salt, and coffee/tea were recommended to me after I hit the floor a few times after standing.

I have reactive hypoglycemia as well, but that causes shakes and sweating in me. Dr told me to eat more often.

• 1 month later...

Whoa...you look unbelievable in your new picture!!! I can't believe it, your hair is AWESOME!

Sorry for the threadjack.

Jeesh.... I totally forgot to say THANK YOU!!! I'm feeling amazing  :)  I appreciate your compliments... and BTW... you're looking beautiful as well!!