Kathy Jo

March 16 RNY for me--good luck to all of you!

All the best--I'll be here watching for your progress.

Welcome and good luck.

I have the same date.  I finished day 7 of the pre-op diet.  This is the first day I really felt like I wanted to EAT some real food.  So I am going to bed instead.  :(

Hang in there Cinderella! Just a couple more days for us to go until we turn the page on our fresh start. Do you have your time yet? My call last night told me to check in at 8:30 for surgery around 10 a.m.

What has the pre-op diet been? I didn't have one for some reason, which makes me nervous like they forgot to tell me to do something important! I can relate to that feeling of depression/ deprivation, though, that would make me decide to go to bed instead of trying to tough through any more of a tough day!

I'm so excited and nervous for Monday I can hardly stand myself--how are you doing with the anticipation?

Talk soon -- Kathy

Good luck...RNY=happiness for me!

Kathy Jo,  We have the same time!  Must be a surgeon standard.  Jolls wrote about how different surgeons have different positions when it comes to the pre-op diet.  Apparently mine is a sadist.  :)    

Pre-op Diet for me is 4 Protein Shakes, 64 Fluid ounces of clear liquids (can be tea, crystal light, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles chicken or beef broth) and 1/2 cup of crunchy non-starchy vegetables at dinner time.  I went with snap peas.

However, (and I apologize for this guys) I think I am getting my period - which I am sure will happen when I am on the table - so I am struggling more now.  I just wiped out the grocery store of SF Jello.  I have lost 8 pounds on this pre-op diet so far.  I will say this, I have not had to prepare any meals while I have been on this.  For those people I really have to take my hat off to them.

Good luck!  Mine is on the 17th.  Things will go just fine :)