Samma

Anyone else morbid and have pictures of their skin taken? WARNING - SURGICAL PICTURE INCLUDED

I made my doc take pictures of the skin he removed. He told me know one had requested it before, the pic is below, it's graphic but crazy interesting

post-17132-0-81485500-1424903883_thumb.j

Samma - do you know the weight of the excess skin your surgeon removed?

Wow.  That's pretty amazing.  Like Cinwa, I would be interested in knowing if they told you the weight of the excess skin.

Is that from your belly or thighs?

That's pretty awesome! I was going to ask if I could see the stomach they remove when he makes my sleeve. I do have a fascination with that kind of stuff, though. :)

Now I have seen everything. :)

Quite honestly it would never have crossed my mind to have pictures taken. That is something I certainly wouldn't care to publish.

Gross! I had ten pounds of skin removed when I was 44 and done having babies. I never wanted to see that skin again. EVER.

I'm a nurse so it was really interesting to me. When I had my wound I took pics of it every day. It's from my stomach, and there's more in the bowl if you look closely. They didn't weigh it but I'm down 30+lbs since the surgery 9 weeks ago, some of that weight loss, some skin loss.

I think its very interesting! Thanks for posting.

wicked

I never even thought of getting a picture of my excised tummy!  That might have been interesting.  I still have my gallstones from my gallbladder being removed.

I'm so doing this when its my turn :)!

That is so cool! Amazing how much excess we carry around! 

very cool....thanks for posting.  Did you get pictures of your open incisions?  I'm a vet tech so none of this is "gross" to me.  I wanted them to video my VSG but they wouldn't.  Just had my gallbladder removed and I want to keep the stones.  They wouldn't let me.  What is WRONG with these doctors?! ;)

I had my surgeon take a picture of the stomach he removed during my VSG :)

very cool....thanks for posting.  Did you get pictures of your open incisions?  I'm a vet tech so none of this is "gross" to me.  I wanted them to video my VSG but they wouldn't.  Just had my gallbladder removed and I want to keep the stones.  They wouldn't let me.  What is WRONG with these doctors?! ;)

I have my stones. They sent one off to be typed. My mom also had her stones, by grandma had them turned into 5 dice. 

I have my stones. They sent one off to be typed. My mom also had her stones, by grandma had them turned into 5 dice. 

well the surgeon that did my gallbladder is an ......I've thought so from the first time I met him.  When I asked about keeping the stones he flat out said no....all tissue had to be sent to pathology.  I know LOTS of people who have their stones so I know he was full of shite.  But I wasn't arguing with a guy about to poke holes in me and remove body parts.

I only have wound wound pics from GBS surgery issues 

Very interesting to see I'm a nurse as well so no it didn't gross me out. Would like to know though how close to goal did u have to be before having this done.

I'm a surgical tech so I have seen this and more before. Not gross to me at all. I find it very interesting and can't wait for mine. When I had my hysterectomy I asked to be awake so I could watch and they let me, they put a mirror above the table so I could see everything...it was AWESOME! 

On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Samma said:

I made my doc take pictures of the skin he removed. He told me know one had requested it before, the pic is below, it's graphic but crazy interesting

image.jpg

I have my surgery tomorrow and I did ask him to take pics of skin once it is removed.. Lol. 

On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 4:56 PM, ThinCVT said:

Really?...I didn't request my stone from my gallbladder, but they handed that almost 2" sucker to me in a container when I checked out...lol