saramedic

A random encounter at Walgreens

Last night (as in Monday night) I ended up in the ER due to asthma issues. Nothing bad, just had a slight exacerbation due to cold weather. I was sent home with a prescription for steroids (short course). Unfortunately, there are only 2 options near me as far as 24 hour pharmacies go (this was 11pm), so I knew it may be a bit of a wait. As I was sitting there waiting, a woman came and sat down next to me. Somehow, we got into talking and it seemed like we had been friends for years...lol. Anyway...I got into talking about playing ice hockey, and how that had been a dream of mine, but have only just recently began to play. She asked why it took until now. So I told her about my surgery. I happened to have a "before" pic on my phone, so I showed her. She was amazed...like speechless. I literally had to convince her that that picture was me. Then, she said something that was so awesome to hear..."You are so pretty. When I walked in here, I just thought you had the most beautiful smile. I bet you had been pretty self conscious in the past about people looking at you, but I've just gotta say, girl, you don't have to be self conscious anymore!" For some reason, that made my day. Normally I don't usually divulge that info to random people, but I was so tired at that point...it just kind of came out...and I'm glad it did. 

What a great vignette of how life is full of unexpected moments and how fleeting but meaningful random short human interactions can be.

Best of luck with your dreams and good health to you!

Sara you are doing great!! How about some new pictures:)

Sara you are doing great!! How about some new pictures:)

Thanks! Here is the link to a thread I posted a couple weeks ago that has a few pictures. :)

http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/topic/102848-its-been-a-whilethought-i-should-check-in/

That encounter was meant to be!  :)

Congrats - you look BEAUTIFUL!

That is so wonderful.  You deserve it.

What a wonderful uplifting conversation.