Ladies with Mirena

Lopez413

I have had my Mirena IUD since around March or April of 2013. My periods had stopped and then after I had WLS in July they started getting really irregular. Anyways I am having my period about every 2 week and sometime will have it then spot for a week and start again. Has anyone had problems with this since WLS? I have been noticing I pinching feeling when I get my period like maybe the strings are poking me, extreme back aches, and also nauseous . Can the weight loss cause it to move out of place, or any other complications? 

Not mirena but the pill. I had a period for no joke over 5 weeks. Finally had to go on stronger pill. I never thought it was ever going to end. My Gyn said its the sudden/rapid weight loss and will just take time to adjust!

UPDATE -- Went to the doctor yesterday and my Mirena had not moved out of place but was the reason I was bleeding frequently so the doctor removed it and I will start on NuvaRing or Depo a few weeks before my husband returns from Guatemala.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE -- Went to the doctor yesterday and my Mirena had not moved out of place but was the reason I was bleeding frequently so the doctor removed it and I will start on NuvaRing or Depo a few weeks before my husband returns from Guatemala.

Im having the same issue now. I am going to wait and see if my periods go back to normal. If they don't I'm getting it removed.