how much does ring resizing cost?

lightenupwoman

Not sure this is a direct comparison but getting my wedding band fixed was $95.  Not too bad in my opinion.

I need to have my engagement ring and wedding band resized.  I have unusually small fingers and the last thing I want is to lose my rings.

I been wondering the same things. I have been using the plastic spacers on mine but those are even starting to get too big. I told my husband when he gets back from Guatemala he is gonna have to either fix my ring or buy me new ones. 

I have had mine re-sized once, which cost $250 --- granted... I got a newly build ring and setting. The jeweler that we use refuses to cut, bend and fasten them because it weakens the bands.

At first, my rings went from size 11 to a 9 and I had them bonded together. They are once again too big - so I bought a package of 'snuggers' at Walmart -- and even with that, they are beginning to slip again. I caved and started wearing them on my middle finger. I refuse to have them rebuilt until my hands slow down!

my wedding band and engagement ring were $40 each. they're still a bit too big. i'm not married anymore, though... so there's that. i just can't bring myself to get rid of them.

I had my wedding band and engagement rings resized at the store we bought them from and it was $125.

I had taken in another ring to be resized and they told me it wasn't worth it, that it would cost more to resize then it was worth. 

Mine were free.  I have the protection plan on mine through Helzberg and re-sizing is free.  I just take my rings in once every six months or so and it keeps them up to date.  All of my rings are from there.  I have an anniversary ring, my husband bought me in Sept. that needs sizing now, but I am trying to wait until I lose some more in case my hands get smaller.  From my initial weight loss from 247 to 190 now, my ring size went from a tight size 7 to a lose size 5.

I think I paid $40.  It's definitely far cheaper to have them take gold out of the band than it does to have them add more to it to make it bigger.  :D

I haven't had mine redone yet (weight isn't stable) but I was told that for rings with gemstones, they didn't like to take them down by more than a couple of sizes.  Pretty gutted - my two favourites are a diamond ring I got for my 21st, and a garnet ring my grandmother left me in her will, and they're both massively too big for me now.  Maybe I just need a better / braver jeweller than the one I asked!  

Mine was also free through my service plan, however right now I am wearing a fake ring because I won't get mine back for another 2 weeks!! Dang it is taking waaaay too long! I went from a 10-7! Crazy awesome!

I haven't had mine redone yet (weight isn't stable) but I was told that for rings with gemstones, they didn't like to take them down by more than a couple of sizes.  Pretty gutted - my two favourites are a diamond ring I got for my 21st, and a garnet ring my grandmother left me in her will, and they're both massively too big for me now.  Maybe I just need a better / braver jeweller than the one I asked!  

Sadly, its true. If you take them down too much, the stone are at risk to pop out. 

What do they do with the gold that they take out? 

Thanks everyone. We bought mine at Kohl's so no service plan. Ha we buy everything at Kohl's. It's an addiction. 

I have mine on my middle finger now but it still rolls around. I think I'm done losing so I should just get it done. My knuckles are fairly large so I don't think I'll need to go down more than two sizes. 

What do they do with the gold that they take out? 

Thanks everyone. We bought mine at Kohl's so no service plan. Ha we buy everything at Kohl's. It's an addiction. 

I have mine on my middle finger now but it still rolls around. I think I'm done losing so I should just get it done. My knuckles are fairly large so I don't think I'll need to go down more than two sizes. 

I heart khols and buy a lot there too.

I was wearing mine on my middle too...then it fell off my middle. CRAZY! Get it sized, you don't want to lose it!

I haven't worn it in many years, just tried it now, still a little small. In 1977, we paid $40 for the pair of them.