justme001

Who knows which vitamin is the best?

I am probably being a bit lazy, but I have been looking through these posts and I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for....which vitamin is the best, you can take the least of and don't need to add a bunch of others (like a separate calcium, b12 and iron).  Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!

I chew 2 Flintstones. Thats all my Nut suggested, nothing else

Really? That's interesting because my dietician was inkstand that regular vitamin supplements would not be enough to compensate for our reduced food intake. Is this not true?

I take the Oputity multi for GBS patients, a b12 three days a week, 5000 units of d3 daily, and 1500 of calcium daily. All required by surgical team and monitored through blood testing.

I took Flintstones for a good 10 months after surgery at my NUT's suggestion. Only switch to something else when I got tired of the residue getting in my teeth. Now I do vitafusion completes and my labs come back perfect.

Whatever I can afford :) I do generic stuff and my levels have been fine. Most people require more than an all-in-one provides. Like iron, calcium and Vitamin D are separate strengths to best meet my needs. B12 is under the tongue. I had RNY...I must take extra as there's reduced absorption. Most nutrients are absorbed in the small intestine.  Those with sleeves can get by with the normal amounts as they still have intact intestines. You only know when you get your blood tested what you are deficient in. 

I am 61/2 years into this. I have always used only the bariatric vitamins where the Dr. who did my surgery sells them. They are outrageous. I am so happy to hear that there are alternatives. BTW 7 1/2 years later 

I am  still down 122 LBS. I would do it all over again in a heart beat!!

My vitamin has worked well for me and kept my levels where they needed to be.  I check the forms often to  see if there is anything new out there but I always come back to the one I have been taking since my surgery.  It was recommended by my dr and nut.  ProCare Health's bariatric vitamin. It is just one chewable a day, though I know there is some concern about that and some people split in and half and take at different times, but I have always taken all at once  and everything works out well. I can tell when I am late taking it or am without it.  Has a tang like taste and is small so it disappears quickly.  I haven't been able to find something that I like better and I certainly haven't been able to beat the price.  I have recommended to friends before and the company has sent them out samples to try.  Just another option!    

ProCare health Now (I think that's it) sells a Bariatric chewable or capsule for around 13.00 a month. I love them and all blood tests are great.

I take Centrum Men's Complete, but I haven't had surgery yet..lol