skeetersdame

Hard time getting my protein in!

Ok...new to forum and new to gastric bypass...but first off let me say I LOVE IT! Food, diet, and frustration no longer rule my life.  I am back in control.  I find myself hating to eat.  I make myself b/c I know I have to.  I have the Nectar fruit protein drinks...they get old after awhile.  I hate any kind of seafood so I'm really limited on the protein intake...or so I think.  I'm getting atlest 40 in a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.  And I hate the milky protein shakes.  As I'm sure you all know...I get full very quick.  Any suggestions or secrets would be greatly appreciated!

Fundamental things to look at are always eating protein first, that helps.  If protein shakes are not possible when made with milk look at making them with water.  Also consider putting some non-flavored protein mix in what you cook, that is a great way to get the protein up.

I am eating chicken salad, chili, refried beans, any meat ground with gravy, soups, eggs, cheese sticks, there are many ways to get your protein. I am trying to keep it under 70, as I find I could easily eat more if I don't pay attention.

Ok...new to forum and new to gastric bypass...but first off let me say I LOVE IT! Food, diet, and frustration no longer rule my life. I am back in control. I find myself hating to eat. I make myself b/c I know I have to. I have the Nectar fruit protein drinks...they get old after awhile. I hate any kind of seafood so I'm really limited on the protein intake...or so I think. I'm getting atlest 40 in a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. And I hate the milky protein shakes. As I'm sure you all know...I get full very quick. Any suggestions or secrets would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome as you start this journey to a healthier you.

You should track all your food on something like myfitnesspal so you know exactly how much protein and how many carbs you are doing.

Try eating smaller portions more frequently .

Some things to consider

Thin sliced deli meats and cheese rollups wrapped in a romaine lettuce leaf.

Homemade chili( heavy on the meat, fewer beans). You can add unflavored protein after it is below 140 degrees in temp.

Ham, turkey, chicken, egg salad with added protein powder.

Cottage cheese with unflavored protein powder.

Greek yogurt( Dannon light and Fit Greek is my favorite) yummy flavors which you can add unflavored protein powder to,

.Hummus.

Chicken, beef, pork, lamb made and simmered slowly in the crock pot with added onions, carrots etc. I find crockpot meat goes down very well.

Meatballs made in marinara sauce or Swedish meatballs in gravy.

Cottage cheese with added protein powder with a few olives or artichoke hearts and some ranch dressing.

Taco filling without the shell.

I know you said no fish but does that include shrimp? Shrimp goes down very well.

Steak chewed well with a bit of gravy if needed.

Meatloaf with a little ketchup or gravy if it is dry.

Chicken legs with buffalo wing sauce.

Scrambled, poached eggs with turkey bacon

That is all I can think of now.

Best...

Edited by Spunkycat

What spunky said.

Thank you all so much for the responses.  I am looking into the flavor-less protein powder.