Chew and spit?

MickeyMom

No, not because I have an eating disorder!

Chewing candied ginger makes nausea go away pretty much immediately for me. But I spit it out after a minute because it tastes disgusting lol. My question is-- is this something I should log? The bag says there's close to 40g carbs in a 17 piece serving. I only chew one piece and spit. I'm sure some of the sugars get broken down and absorbed in my mouth but there's no option for 1/17th of a serving in MFP lol.

What do you guys think?

Have you tried using real Ginger root? I have found chewing on a little bit or even using it in Hot water as a tea works for me. 

Never heard of using ginger for that, neat idea.  I'll be interested what the others say, I'm not sure, but my gut is saying log it.

Have you tried to find any ginger gum. I saw some not long ago but I can not remember what store I was in but if you can find ginger gum it will probably work the same. If you have a Latin American or Mexican store around check there. 

Have you tried ginger tea? Or just real ginger? Candied ginger is just way too much for some people. Somehow its spicier.

As for your question about logging, I have no idea!

I used to eat the sushi ginger when pregnant, so no cals/carbs really. You can buy it at the supermarket or fresher in any Asian market.

Have you tried ginger tea? Or just real ginger? Candied ginger is just way too much for some people. Somehow its spicier.

As for your question about logging, I have no idea!

It's WAY spicier, it's crazy. If just chew it a few seconds it cures the nausea, but any longer and it WILL make me puke lol. Maybe I'll try the sushi ginger or regular ginger root instead.

I drink a lot of fresh ginger tea and maybe that would be worth trying.  I buy "hands" of fresh ginger - break the fingers apart, scrape with a spoon and then freeze.

As and when I want it - I grate it from frozen (fine side of the grater).

1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
2 cups filtered water
1 Tbsp. raw honey or pure maple syrup   (I use a touch of sweetener)
½ lemon, juiced

Bring ginger in water to a boil.  Remove from heat and cover for 10 mins.  Strain, add sweetener and enjoy hot or cold.

No, not because I have an eating disorder!

Chewing candied ginger makes nausea go away pretty much immediately for me. But I spit it out after a minute because it tastes disgusting lol. My question is-- is this something I should log? The bag says there's close to 40g carbs in a 17 piece serving. I only chew one piece and spit. I'm sure some of the sugars get broken down and absorbed in my mouth but there's no option for 1/17th of a serving in MFP lol.

What do you guys think?

When I do something like that I use the Quick add calories on MFP. I just do the math and add it in