My date is getting closer

Gastric Bypass scheduled for 29 January. I have a pre op appointment 20 January. Not sure what emotion I am feeling, they change daily. Anyone else scheduled for jan?

Welcome. I assume you mean 2015. Your emotions run the gamit at this stage and tend to be all over the place. Just keep the goal in perspective and take one day at a time.

Thanks, yes 2015, I'm all over the place at the moment. This site and a blog I have started following the world according to egg face are a god send.

I do have other medical issues, PMR, Fibromyalgia, Myalgia Paresetica and currently recovering at different stage with 10 rib fractures. I'm looking forward to my weight loss helping with all of these.

Good luck to you.  I had RNY on 1/2 and am doing great.  I, too, had the same run of emotions.  Totally normal.

Welcome to T-T Klhoe - exciting times ahead for sure.

I've changed your surgery date to 2015.

Welcome, please keep us up to date on your progress

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ForeverNeurotic, lovely to hear from you. I was starting to think I would be the only one for surgery in January. I to am determined that this surgery will work. I done so much research that now I just want to get this started. We will be able to help each out, even though we are on the other side of the earth from each other. My surgeon tells me I will be in hospital for 4 or 5 days. By the time I leave hospital I will be eating purée foods. I would be interested in how long you will be in hospital, I have noticed a lot of differences between Australian and American surgeons.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

K