destanymartin

BCBSNC DENIAL :(

I was denied Gastric Bypass a month or so ago. I hired Lindstrom Obesity Advocacy. I have the upmost faith that it will be approved. However, I am so stressed that I will not have surgery before march 10th when my insurance restarts. How long did your appeal take? When did you hear back?

I was approved very quickly through BCBSNC. However, a friend of mine was denied. We have the same surgeon, he did a peer-to-peer review w/BCBS and it took about 3 weeks for her appeal to be approved. She had surgery 10 days after I did.

Good luck!

Hi Destany! If this is your first appeal, then time is on your side! I have seen from others that it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months, with the short time being the norm. I hired Lindstrom as well, still waiting to hear on my last chance. Good Luck!! The Lindstroms are awesome! I bet you'll get your approval sooner rather later.

Its good you are going after what you want.  Good for you!  Please let us know how things develop.

Have you heard from LOA yet?

Congrats how long did it take to hear from your insurance company? I've also hired LOR for my revision denial. I'm praying it doesn't take 6months to a year to approve.

Great! Thanks and good luck on your weight loss journey!!!

Hey yall I just went to my first class and waiting on a call to set up my appointment. Was curious with bcbsnc what all steps u had to take is there a waiting process

It only took like a day for approval. You have a good hospital so they will do all the appropriate pre-op stuff. I like Dr. Fernandez. The only reason I went with another hospital was because I do not use Baptist physicians. Good luck.

Hi Destany! If this is your first appeal, then time is on your side! I have seen from others that it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months, with the short time being the norm. I hired Lindstrom as well, still waiting to hear on my last chance. Good Luck!! The Lindstroms are awesome! I bet you'll get your approval sooner rather later.

theodora.get.slim Have you heard back from LOA?

On 1/9/2015 at 12:10 PM, theodora.get.slim said:

Hi! I'm looking at hiring Lindstorm as well! How did it go for you?

Don’t hire them. I lost my appeal. My case was rushed and the mediator noted that I should’ve went back to the dietician to ensure I was eating right. I actually heard from the insurance company before Lindstrom notified me days later. She simply said “Hey so the insurance company won the appeal because they felt like you should’ve went to the dietitian again. We thought you had seen them and the physical/mental health before we submitted your claim. You should look into going to Mexico.” Thousands of dollars wasted. 

I totally agree with BandedLadii. I hired them & it was a total waste of money. Their communication was awful. I lost my appeal, to find out afterwards that it was because of where I live. They should have known this before they accepted my case.