Fitness challenge

I just accepted a fitness challenge extended to me by the body builder instructor. I am not sure of the details or what it even involves, i just know i will be on her team and there are several teams consistening of gym members. HERE WE GO! Challenge starts the 17th! I will keep you posted on my progress.

Edited by ithinkican

Here are the details so far....The Body Shop Total Fitness We are beginning Jan 17th with a body composition and before pictures. We are going to be doing it team style (either bring a group or join one here) for motivation and encouragement. It will be 12 weeks and will be measured on body fat% reduced and lean mass% increased.

Made it to boot camp this morning at 5:30am. OMG it was all legs and at one point i wondered if i was going to get back up off the ground. I msde it through and felt great afterwords.

I made it through the first full week of boot camp. It was tough, especially today. I woke up with a headache and nearly talked qmyself out of the gym. Managed to push through it, and was glad i did. A week from tomorrow starts the official challenge and i learned this morning that they want you to take before pictures in the same outfit as after and they recomend a sports bra. YIKES, there is no way i am comfortable taking a pic of myself in a sports bra. WAY out of my comfort zone. Illhave to figure something out i guess.

How about a tank over that bra?  

Just wanted you to know I'm amazed by your willingness to take on this challenge.  You inspire me to want to do more than just walk.  Hope to get there soon.  Thank you.

Thank you. I found a sports tank that i think i can pull off. Its skin tight now, hopefully in 12 weeks ill be able to see the difference. I think thats what they want out of the pics , there is a pannal of judges who will look at all you states and before and after pics.

This week i started going to the gym every morning. I have gained two pounds, lost some inches, and am so ready for the scale to reflect the tape measure....seriously. ilogical? probablly.

The scale has finally dropped! OMG i cannot tell you how happy i am to see those numbers go down. This week i start adding two nights a week to my exsisting five mornings. I know to some this sounds extreme but that is how i am . If you have read my original blog you are now seeing a patteren. I plan to keep it at this pace for at least two weeks and then add two more evenings. I plan on winning the fitness challenge. =) Taking my before pictures was humiliating, but i survived. I doubt i will show them to anybody but you guys. Off to boot camp, have a great day.

Good for you, but this stuff has never been me -- still, I wish you the best! Many many folks do very well with it! You appear motivated!

Thank you, I am very motivated. If anyone is out there who does exercise intensely, has calories been a problem. Calories too low i mean? So far i feel good.

Thanks for your reply JR. I have been having one quest bar and one premier shake a day, plus my 3 meals. my fitness pal screen name is Bdazseld if you want to check it out.

• 2 months later...

Hello all. I thought i would check in. The challenge ends on April 11th. I have been sticking with my goals and plugging right along. Yesterday i was at boot-camp and realized that it had been several weeks since someone encouraged me bu way of " hey, you really impress me out there". I took this to mean i no longer am in that size category that's SHOCKING anymore. That is a really good thing. That used to annoy the hell out of me as i have always been active. My weight is slower that most i would say but i always lose , slow and steady wins the race right? I plan to maintain my exercising at this intensity past the challenge and reevaluate what maintenance looks like one i get there. I will post my before and after pics once i get them from the gym. Best wishes, Michelle

• 4 weeks later...

ROCK ON!!!!! Thanks so much for all the updates! It's been fun "joining" you. I can't wait to see your before and after pics if you are still up to showing them off. And I am curious to hear how you FEEL things have changed through the process. BTW... GOOD FOR YOU for sticking it out! What an inspiration! What's your next move from here?

I can't even imagine me doing something like this. I am so impressed! Congratulations!!

ROCK ON!!!!! Thanks so much for all the updates! It's been fun "joining" you. I can't wait to see your before and after pics if you are still up to showing them off. And I am curious to hear how you FEEL things have changed through the process. BTW... GOOD FOR YOU for sticking it out! What an inspiration! What's your next move from here?

I haven't received them yet but i will post them as soon as i do. Thank you. You too Julie, and you can do it!