Yes.. I'm STILL on vitamin research!! I'm starting to sound like little "Johnny one note"!! 

Anyway, my surgeon requires a B-50 supplement. (this is in addition to multi-vitamin and added B12). However, I haven't heard anyone else having to take this.

What's the scoop? Anyone know why I would need to take an additional "B-50"?  do you take that?  do you know why?

And... of course.. the all important question.. which one do you take?!?!  I want a chewable... drinkable.. liquid.. or gummy. NO PILLS!

UGH!!  the good news is, that I only have a couple of more things to find, and then I will have my vitamin regime ALL figured out!! with the best of everything!!  GOD, I'm so anal!! :)

Table 5 of this asmbs.org (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) documents the recommendations for us.  A B-50 complex is listed as an option.   http://s3.amazonaws.com/publicASMBS/GuidelinesStatements/Guidelines/bgs_final.pdf

The asmbs.org are the very body who designates bariatric hospitals/clinics as Bariatric Centers of Excellence.

I'd recommend printing out a copy of the vitamin and supplement recommendations to show your surgeon and/or NUT if their protocol differs.  If it does, I would ask why.

On the B-50.  You will need one that contains all 8 B vitamins:

Vitamin B1-thiamine 
Vitamin B2-riboflavin
Vitamin B3-niacin
Vitamin B5-pantothenic acid
Vitamin B6-pyridoxine
Vitamin B7-biotin
Vitamin B9-folic acid
Vitamin B12

And that isn't easy but I would suggest you look at a B100 liquid complex and just take half the dose.

vitacost.com is a good place for that.  This is one I'd recommend purely because most of the others have some seriously heavy doses (as in 2 and 3,000% RDA).

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-b-complex-liquid-raspberry-flavor  - you'll need 12-13 drops (and I'd probably add a smell biotin capsule because 25 mcg is pathetic).

There's lots of information on B vitamins - this a couple worth reading:   http://www.livestrong.com/article/383697-how-does-vitamin-b-complex-help-your-body/

cinwa.. you are always a wealth of information.

I, of course, have questions..

A.  The liquid B you listed has 1000 mg of B12... does that qualify as our B12 for the day? or do you still need to take a sublingual?  I ordered the B12 that you take only once a week.. but wondering if I need to take both

B.  can that much B12 be toxic?

C.  all the B50 I'm finding has 50 mg/or mcg of EACH of the B vitamins. The one you listed didn't. So, does it still count as a B50?

Edited by scarlet-amelia