Jenbeats

New pre op :)

I have my op in leads than 2 weeks and I am so scared nervous excited shocked at how quick it's all happening but mostly excited can anyone give me any advice on the liver shrinking diet i have to start it on Wednesday and have not recieved my instructions yet

Less*

Hello and welcome!

What kind of pre-op diet does your surgeon require? It seems that none are the same ...

I don't know all I know is it's a liver shrinking diet I've read it's milk soup and friuit with a yogurt but I'm not to sure

My surgery is in 9 days, 3 days before yours, and I'm on the pre op diet at the moment. My surgeon have me a choice of 3 diets to choose from. Either 5 Slim Fast shakes a day and 4 pints of other liquids, or 4 pints of milk a day and 2 pints of other liquids or 1000 calories a day and 2 pints of fluids. I chose the 1000 calorie one, but it's still hard to stick to.

Feel free to add me as a friend as we're both in the UK and both having surgery around the sane time. It'd be good to compare notes.

Hi hun are you excited I'm so excited just received a letter from hospital and they've changed the date to the 28th for some reason but I still haven't received Info on diet all I know is I have to be on it for 10 days and I only have the one go by are you with nhs or private ? Have you started taking biotin lol I'm a hairdresser can't be loosing my hair lol I've added u hun xx

Hi Jen. I'm beyond excited LOL. I'm NHS and first saw my GP to ask about the possibility of the surgery almost 3 years ago, so it's been a long time coming.

I didn't know I had to take biotin..is it a supplement you can buy from Boots etc? I only have short hair as you can see in the photo, but I'd hate to lose it.

Are you feeling nervous as well? I keep thinking about how my life's going to change from next Wednesday, for the better obviously, and I have my eye on that sleek little black dress I'll be wearing on Christmas day LOL. Just think, when you go in for your surgery, mine will all be over and I can tell you what a wonderful thing it is to have done and how much healthier we're going to be afterwards.

Keep in touch. We can share all the highs and commiserate over the lows (if there are any of course) xx

Good luck to you both on your upcoming procedures. My surgeon did not require a pre-op diet I had a month and lost 10 lbs on my own. Some guys believe that a strict prep diet - especially for those with a relatively low BMI - can be counter productive.

When you have a sleepless night have a look at my log book, right at the beginning. I was right where you are now, as a pre-op. It will give you some insight on what to expect. The link is in my signature line below.

All the best to the both of you.

wow that's a long time mines be rather opposite l have had a few hurdles over the last few weeks mind i had my first seminar in February this year my surgeon told me he thought i did not need surgery about 3 weeks ago as ive lost over 3 stone on my own but i begged and pleaded with him because i know myself my weight has always been up and down 

i read alot about hair loss after surgery and read up how to prevent it and it all leads back to biotin apparently its a miracle vitamin helps hair grown and be stronger and has stopped hair loss is post gastric bypass surgery patients i got mine off eBay i started taking it early i can already feel that my nails and hair are getting stronger its great :)

did they say how long u would be in hospital for ? i got told 2 days im wondering if they said the 29th on the phone and the letter says the 28th do i have to go in a day early or somthing its all very confusing lol so excited dont think ill be wearing a slinky black dress for christmas day haha mebbies next year tho :D xx

weight.png

aw thanks hun :) wow you have done amazing well done :) im so excited :D scared aswell but excited ha xx

weight.png

They expect me to be in hospital for 2 nights, 3 days.

I have to be in at 7am on Wednesday 26th and my surgery will be that day. Means I'll have to get up at 4.30am as I have to get into London with the rest of the commuters.

4.30 :o im so glad i have to be in on an afternoon lol my hospital is only a 15 min drive too :) my little boy wants to come and give me a cuddle before i go in its all he asks me all the time if i am going to be alright bless him :) 

i cant wait to go into a clothes shop and buy normal clothes evans isnt the best of places to shop lol 

I know what you mean. I love shopping and can't wait to have much more choice!

yeah im worried about the clothes thing i was going to go out and buy clothes in a smaller size but scared in case i spend loads of money and then wont be that size for very long x

Welcome ladies! Good luck to both of you on your surgeries.

thankyou hunnie :) x

Thanks.

Welcome to tt =)

Going back to buying clothes Jen, I intend going shopping in the January sales so at least if I can't wear the clothes I buy for long because of the weight loss, I won't have paid full price for them.

Aw yeah that's a really good idea think I will do the same :) x

Shame we don't live closer. We could hit the shops together lol

I know that would be fun :( x

Welcome Ladies,

I wanted to address the clothes thing, I highly recommend you don't go out and buy a lot of clothes right now.  You're going to drop clothing sizes so fast once you start losing you won't be able to keep up.

I've bought a few things that I absolutely had to have, many of them at the Goodwill or someplace like K-mart or Wal Mart just to get by. 

Good luck to you both, it's quite the journey.