nhgal

Anyone taking BA Advanced Multi EA?

My NUT strongly suggested I take this after VSG.  She said 1x/day, but the bottle says one serving is 2 chewable tablets.  I am thinking the NUT got tripped up by the serving size.  Anyone have knowledge of this product?  She's going to call BA but I thought I'd ask here.  Here post-op recommendation is that and three Viactiv, spread out during the day.  Thanks.

*shrug* I bought a bottle of bariatric vitamins in the store at my surgeon's office to use right after surgery .. I've since switched to a non-bariatric formula multi-vitamin. I do not have lengthy labs to tell you how it's going to go. However, I look at bariatric companies with the same disdain with which I view a lot of the diet industry. Over-promise, under-deliver and over-charge. I will adjust my vitamin intake based on my labwork, as it becomes necessary.

Yes, I take them. Two per day, and three of their calcium citrate chews. All spread out over the course of the day.

Thanks.  Sleevarilla I have the same skepticism.  I figure I'll use them for a while and then see what else I can find once I get a handle on the whole eating side of things.  For now, this seems easier:  2 of them and 3 Viactiv calcium + D, which gives me what she wants me to have.  

My NUT strongly suggested I take this after VSG.  She said 1x/day, but the bottle says one serving is 2 chewable tablets.  I am thinking the NUT got tripped up by the serving size.  Anyone have knowledge of this product?  She's going to call BA but I thought I'd ask here.  Here post-op recommendation is that and three Viactiv, spread out during the day.  Thanks.

In checking the stats for BA's Advanced Multi EA, the stats on the label (below) are for 1 tablet:

Nutrient Amount %DV * Calories 10     Total Carbohydrates 2.5 g 1% Sugar 1 g * Vitamin A (from 75% Beta Carotene and 25% Palmitate) 5,000 IU 100% Vitamin C (from Sodium Ascorbate and Ascorbic Acid) 45 mg 75% Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) 1,500 IU 375% Vitamin E (from d-alpha Tocopherol, d-alpha Tocopheryl Polyethylene 

Glycol 1000 Succinate and Mixed tocopherols) 75 IU 250% Vitamin K (as Phytonadione) 500 mcg 625% Thiamin (from Thiamin Mononitrate) 6.25 mg 417% Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 1.7 mg 100% Niacin (as Niacinamide) 10 mg 50% Vitamin B6 (from Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 2 mg 100% Folic Acid 400 mcg 100% Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 500 mcg 8333% Biotin 300 mcg 100% Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium D-Pantothenate) 10 mg 100% Calcium (from Dicalcium Phosphate) 75 mg 8% Iron (from Ferrous Fumarate) 22.5 mg 125% Iodine (from Potassium Iodide) 75 mcg 50% Magnesium (from Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate) 25 mg 6% Zinc (from Zinc Amino Acid Chelate) 7.5 mg 50% Selenium (from Selenomethionine) 35 mcg 50% Copper (from Copper Citrate) 1 mg 50% Manganese (from Manganese Amino Acid Chelate) 1 mg 50% Chromium (from Chromium Amino Acid Chelate) 60 mcg 50% Molybdenum (from Sodium Molybdate Dihydrate) 25 mcg 33% Sodium 7.5 mg <1% Mixed Tocopherols (including Gamma, Delta, and Beta Tocopherols) 15 mg * Choline (from Choline Bitartrate) 10 mg * Coenzyme Q10 (as Ubiquinone) 5 mg * Boron (from Boron Citrate) 1 mg * Per 1 tablet

The asmbs.org recommendations for VSG and Gastric Band patients is 100% RDA.  For RNY and DS patients, it's 200%.

If you want to compare BA's multivitamin products, this is helpful:  https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/us-en/1/Multivitamins

AND, HEADS UP!

Viactiv Calcium Heads up - Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews are calcium carbonate = not calcium citrate.  Some docs are OK with non-gastric bypassed patients taking calcium carbonate - some aren't.

Thanks, Cinwa.