December surgery anyone?

I cant wait! looking for others who are getting theirs done around the same time?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone   My date is Dec 22, 2014 great Christmas gift to myself   I just need people to talk with I am getting nervouse got my date today

Patience is a virtue they say, however it doesn't seem to be one of mine It does get frustrating to be following the plan faithfully and suddenly not see the scale change. I have issues with the scal

Couple things on that Kelly, getting tattoos as a kid probably would have been even scarier then being put under for surgery, or at least a close 2nd, right? I know alot of people who have tattoos but

Hoping for a December date. Completing the last of my insurance requirements this week then everything will be submitted to the insurance company. Good luck to you!

December 2nd! And I finally got approved! Whoa :D thinking of moving it to the follow week or two though. Happy to find some similar dates!

awesome! there are so many of us now! lol

i'm not getting the sleeve, but I wish you a speedy recovery all the same.

I am also getting the full bypass.

I cant wait.

but im scared.

ive seen and heard some bad stories...

Everyone has their own opinions and bad stories are everywhere but you also see and hear horrible things about people who are just living with excess weight every day right? I know for me and my life and my family this is what is best. To believe the few horror stories over the vast majority is not going to be best for me. The odds are in our favor and we are doing what is good for us.

Ignore the negitive and embrace the positive Kelly :-)

Everyone has their own opinions and bad stories are everywhere but you also see and hear horrible things about people who are just living with excess weight every day right? I know for me and my life and my family this is what is best. To believe the few horror stories over the vast majority is not going to be best for me. The odds are in our favor and we are doing what is good for us.

Ignore the negitive and embrace the positive Kelly :-)

That is the best thing I've read regarding wls.

thanks for that.

it makes total sense.

My surgery is a few weeks before yours and as of right now I have 4 weeks off of work to recover so I will be around and pretty easy to communicate with. I hope to help and answer any questions you may have, that said, every surgeon and facility is different. My center has an extensive program pre-surgery to get through that helps step y step and educates as well as for support. I felt it was right the moment I stepped foot into the info session, where as I had been to another info session previously many years ago and it was almost as if that team tried to scare the fat out of people instead of look at it as a team effort and a needed tool. In some ways I wish I had found this team when I was younger but I know I would not have appreciated it nor been ready for it if I had. My time is now, this will be the best christmas gift I could ever give to myself, and my family!

You can message me! im always looking for buddies to partner up with!

we can go through this together.

I am a few days before you so I can let you know how I went!

Same here, I am getting super nervous and anxious as the days seem to be dragging by, There seems to be not enough time in the day to do everything but at the same time too much, if that makes any sense at all! I would love more friends to talk to and go through this with as well!!

Hi. I'm waiting on my date, although the tentative date given earlier was December 14. That was back 6 months ago though. My pre-op appt. is Nov. 24. Good luck on our journey.

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks till surgery and I am starting to feel a little anxious.  I mean good anxious. but like I feel like I am not ready yet. I started planning on all the things to buy and I have been reading that our taste buds will change and what we like now, we may not like later.  I don't want to over prepare, but then again, I don't want to be under prepared either.... Anyone else over thinking things?

I have been over thinking too, I just keep telling myself that im only giving up food, to have a healthy life it is worth it!

I was approved yesterday! Surgery date is December 22nd. Good luck my fellow sleevers.

I'm scheduled for dec 18. I can't wait, but am also nervous too! So glad to see there is a dec 2014 board. Hope we get to know each other and become a support system for each other.

welcome to the best month! :P

I wish you all the best with your journey!

im scheduled for Dec 16th, the time is coming and im starting to get nervous!!

I need to find my courage!

We will all get throguh this together Kelly. Every day gets us a step closer to the rest of our lives and our healthy new lives. This is the best gift we can give ourselves and our loved ones this holiday season, we are giving them and us our lives back and so many more years with us actively involved loving life.

We can do this!

I'm excited for the rest of my life, im just nervous for the actual procedure..

I don't do well with needles (yet I have 5 tattoos, doesn't make sense) lol

or anyhitng to do with that kind of stuff..

I remember getting my toncils out as a kid and they had to put me under to do the surgery and it was the scariest thing, waking up wasn't much fun either.

Couple things on that Kelly, getting tattoos as a kid probably would have been even scarier then being put under for surgery, or at least a close 2nd, right? I know alot of people who have tattoos but are needle phobic, I have 8 myself but I have no issue with needles. I have friends who hate needles but suffer through for the art. Talk to the docs and tell them your concerns and fears and they I am sure will work with you and be gentle, they do this every day many times a day and have rountines for different types worked out. They know how to comfort people who have a fear of needles and being put under and such. Trust in your team, be honest with them and let them care for you the way they can. The nerves are natural, surgery of any kind is no joke, its a seriosu decison we have all made and we all know it, but we made this decision with the knowledge that it is in our best interest do have this operation for our health and well being. We have done our part, our pre-op work and our liquid diets etc (which is no joking matter, its hard work) and now its time to let the docs do their hard work and get us through the surgery. Then the next hand off to our hard work of recovery and healing. One baby step at a time to the rest of our lives, team work and hard work. And we are all in it together to help how we can, even if its just through a keyboard and the forum :-)

I wish the very best to all who are having surgery in December.  Mine will be on the 8th (sleeve).

I'm new here and will be doing the vertical sleeve on December 15. I have so many emotions about it I feel like it's a roller coaster right now. I go tomorrow for my pre-op class so hopefully the nerves will settle down then and I can just enjoy the adventure.

welcome to the December group! :wub:

I have the same feelings and they are normal. this is a major life change, we would have to be crazy not to be emotional about it.