MaxineW

Very low iron and a little low on b12

Dr. Wizman's nurse Diane got my lab results and I have a very low number for my ferritin iron.

The ferritin number is a 7! And the range is from 10-154 ng/ml I have to now find more about hematologist so that I can start getting infusions to bring my number back up to a good number and to the point that I can stop injections and take a supplement. But that won't happen for a while.

The vitamin b12 number is 295 and the range for that is 200-1100 pg/ml.

I am going to start nascobal. It's a nose spray of b12 by BariActiv. So hopefully it gets better soon.

Has any one tried the Nascobal?

I had my 6 month follow on 10/21 and his scale shows 100lbs and mine shows 103.

But still I think that is amazing. My year follow up will be April 6th at 2pm .

My next goal is 25lbs by New Years. Hopefully I can do it.

Edited by MaxineW

I haven't heard of nascobal. But I sure hope that and the infusions fix you right up:)

And congrats on your amazing weight loss! Whether you go by your scale or the doc's, you are now an official member of the Century Club!

All I know it's a nose spray of b12.

I tried to get in contact with the hematologist but no answer. I'll try again tomorrow.

I am so happy. I did a two hour work out session at gym tonight. This morning I walked with my aunt and did 1.75 miles. At gym I did sauna for 30mins then I did abdominal crunch machine, I call it the torso twist but you twist your waist and hips, I did the lat pull, there's one I don't know called but it is kind of like where you do a butterfly with the arms. I did bike for 8 minutes then sauna for last 5 minutes.

I really need like a trainer or someone to help me work the rest of the machines.

For got to add, my step mom said the same thing today. (:

Edited by MaxineW

You are doing so great! I am really happy to hear about it! And, once you start becoming so physically active, it's hard to go without the movement and challenge! If you can't find someone to show you how to work the machines, you could try looking it up online. My home gym is in pieces right now so I took pics of the machines in my community gym and took down the brand info so I could get directions online before I attempt the (very intimidating) machines they have. Hoping for a youtube tutorial, but I suppose pictures will work, too.

My ferritin was 8.48 at my last lab work in August and iron was 62. Over three sets of labs the ferritin went from 18 to 16 and now 8.48.  The surgeon didn't suggest infusions yet.  Actually, now that I think about it, they never called with my results.  I had to get them myself.  hmm..  Anyway, I saw the Ferritin level and started doubling up on my iron.  Not sure if it's helped, but my dark circles seem to be getting better.  I may talk to my PCP about infusions to get back to normal.