Braveheart

Swollen stomach

Hi everyone
I had my surgery on the Sunday 28th September and today my stomach is bigger then before the op, even though I have lost 7 pound since. I did go back to work yesterday. I work with children at home.
Is this normal?

Yes, don't stress! I went to the hospital in baggy jeans, I was two weeks post-op before I could zip them again! They pump you full of gas and liquids and they rearranged your insides, so swelling is normal.

Thank you x

The Swelling has gone down a little today and the pain in my shoulders and back are gone from the wind. I would like to go to the toilet properly now

All is going to plan

I was definitely swollen and bloated for the first few weeks.  It will get better.  Walk walk walk!

I've got a picture of my tummy at 5 days post-op in my gallery.  I looked like a Buddha!  LOL!

I had my surgery on the 22nd, so it's been almost two weeks. I gained 12 pounds while in the hospital and I was so swollen I felt like a balloon!  Finally now, most of the swelling is gone and am starting feel okay again.  You should start feeling better and better every day. 

Thank you Shel.

it has been 7 days today since my surgery

and i am missing food a lot today, i made some carrot and coriander soup which was really nice.

i cant wait to do all the things that i did before my op like the gym.

Lol! I actually remembering asking the nurse what the hell happened...my stomach was definitely bigger than pre-op. My first thought was they did the wrong surgery :)

can i ask what sort of foods soft foods you ate after the liquid stage?

x

Not sure if you were asking me, but if you were, I'm still on the liquid diet...full liquids.  I was allowed tomato juice and no fat greek yogurt so I mixed them together and pretended it was tomato soup.  I was also allowed low-fat cottage cheese.  Poured some tomato juice on top of it and heated it up in the microwave and pretended that was lasagna!  :D  I could also have plain instant mashed potatoes.  I did those two ways. I put a little strained low fat cream of mushroom soup on top for a gravy or put a Tablespoon of plain yogurt on top and it tasted like a baked potato with sour cream.  Can't stand any of it now!  :P  Thank God my Nut should advance me to the Pureed diet tomorrow.