Sign in to follow this  
  • entries
    4
  • comments
    37
  • views
    543

Two Years! How did that happen so fast??

TammyP

104 views

My two year surgiversary was last week, and had a my follow-up with my surgeon's office.  My weight one year ago was 150, last week it was 153.  She said she is not the least bit concerned since my BMI is still in a good range (23.3).  My labs were good.

For most people 3 pounds is like nothing.  For me, it's irritating.  Normally I do tend shift 2-3 pounds.  I am still under my goal weight which was 155.  But that 3 pounds bugs me. :/

Maintenance is not fun.  While I enjoy the freedom, I also have such a deep seeded fear that I will mess this up.  Each and every day in maintenance you STILL need to be mindful of what you are putting in your mouth.  Is it worth it to be thin?  ABSOLUTELY!  Would I do it all over again?  Yes but sooner! :)  Some days would I like to just not think about carbs and nibble on this or that?  Yup LOL.  All in all though, things are going very well.  You all have been and continue to be the biggest inspirations to me.  Thanks for being faithful to supporting each other <3  

And now... for some pics :D

xoxoxo  

 

IMG_2713.JPG

IMG_2711.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2740.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2691.JPG



18 Comments


Recommended Comments

Congrats, Tammy! You look wonderful, and so happy. It sounds like you've figured out how to walk that maintenance line - pay attention and be mindful are our watch-words. You're a beautiful lady in both your befores and afters, but you do look more comfortable in your own skin now. Keep smiling and enjoy your success :wub: It looks good on you.

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Congrats, Tammy! You look wonderful, and so happy. It sounds like you've figured out how to walk that maintenance line - pay attention and be mindful are our watch-words. You're a beautiful lady in both your befores and afters, but you do look more comfortable in your own skin now. Keep smiling and enjoy your success :wub: It looks good on you.

Ty so much Jen.  You have always been an inspiration to me - our surgeries were so close.  I think I have had somewhat of a wake up call here lately, with so many people years out who see pounds creep back on.  It scares me but at the same time I am grateful for every one of those posts as I need to constantly keep my head in the game.  The joys of maintenance :D <3

Share this comment


Link to comment
12 hours ago, TammyP said:

I am grateful for every one of those posts as I need to constantly keep my head in the game.

Exactly! I just got back from a 3 week vacation and upon zipping up my trousers, have been hit with this realization!! :lol::blink::wacko: 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Not only are you awesome at this, but you really have awesome legs!  ;). 

I totally relate to all you said.  I am not quite two years out yet but I have the same feelings and understand you completely (and agree 100% w/ the SOONER part too!) 

Keep rockin’ it! 

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Not only are you awesome at this, but you really have awesome legs!  ;). 

I totally relate to all you said.  I am not quite two years out yet but I have the same feelings and understand you completely (and agree 100% w/ the SOONER part too!) 

Keep rockin’ it! 

Thanks so much CJ!  I definitely have "bonus skin" on my thighs which is more obvious when sitting down in shorts but meh. :)  Your 2 year surgiversary will be here before you know it too!  I can't wait to see more pics! :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
21 hours ago, TammyP said:

Thanks so much CJ!  I definitely have "bonus skin" on my thighs which is more obvious when sitting down in shorts but meh. :)  Your 2 year surgiversary will be here before you know it too!  I can't wait to see more pics! :)

Do you live in TX or did you just visit?  Was it fun? ‘Fess up, what baked goods did you get?!?! Haha!

Share this comment


Link to comment
10 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Do you live in TX or did you just visit?  Was it fun? ‘Fess up, what baked goods did you get?!?! Haha!

I live in Texas :D  Well yesterday we had a 4th of July party in the backyard.  My neighbor makes these deadly dark chocolate mint cookies that um - let's just say it's a real weakness and thank goodness they are not in my house often lol.  Not looking forward to the weekly weigh-in tomorrow!

Share this comment


Link to comment
22 hours ago, TammyP said:

I live in Texas :D  Well yesterday we had a 4th of July party in the backyard.  My neighbor makes these deadly dark chocolate mint cookies that um - let's just say it's a real weakness and thank goodness they are not in my house often lol.  Not looking forward to the weekly weigh-in tomorrow!

I meant because you were at the Magnolia Silos!  Did you get some delicious baked goods there?

Dark chocolate is a real temptation of mine...so is choc/mint....so keep those cookies in TX!!! Haha

Share this comment


Link to comment
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, CheeringCJ said:

I meant because you were at the Magnolia Silos!  Did you get some delicious baked goods there?

Dark chocolate is a real temptation of mine...so is choc/mint....so keep those cookies in TX!!! Haha

I live about 2 hours from Magnolia Silos.  It's such a cool place!  And the bakery was delish (of course in great moderation, samples only).  Their cupcakes are huge!  I saw Joanna's mom too! :)

Share this comment


Link to comment

@TammyPHello Tammy! Just wanted to say that you look great, and so happy in all your photos. Hope your success in maintenance continues. It is really inspiring to see such fantastic results of two years down the line. Have a good day : )

Share this comment


Link to comment
8 hours ago, BrightDay said:

@TammyPHello Tammy! Just wanted to say that you look great, and so happy in all your photos. Hope your success in maintenance continues. It is really inspiring to see such fantastic results of two years down the line. Have a good day : )

Thanks so much Bright!  I am indeed happy with the life change :)    Are you sleeping better now?  Are you able to sleep on your side okay?

Share this comment


Link to comment

@TammyPHi Tammy, I am sleeping better but not fully comfortable yet. Have had other small inconveniences (fell down the stairs and hurt toe and had really bad constipation - needed two enemas) so the lack of sleep is not so high in the list of complaints anymore : )

thank you for asking!

Share this comment


Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...