• entries
    60
  • comments
    485
  • views
    2,032

7.5 months

Kio

90 views

I missed my 7-month post -- too much going on in my life, which has been both good and bad.  The bad - my dog was attacked by another dog just over two weeks ago, and it was very scary, plus a very rocky recovery.  The good-and-bad - we are selling our house and moving!  I'm happy about it, but it's been super stressful.  We live in a very hot seller's market, and the pace of things has been daunting.  First, finding the place, making an offer, getting it accepted - that was suspenseful and crazy!  Then a week or two of crazed cleaning-out-and-throwing-away-and-putting-of-things-in-storage, plus we had a painting team in for a week of that.  Then once the place was in top shape we had to list, and since listing it's been a week of boarding the cats (except mine), day-boarding Sadie (who does not love day boarding, let me tell you), dealing with the things that cropped up in her recovery process, and having to live in a show-house for a week while people invade periodically.

We had a total of three open houses (the first for brokers) and on top of that, 30 buyers toured the place individually with their realtors.  As I type this there's a showing happening - one of the last, since so far no one has booked anything for tomorrow morning.  Offers are due by noon tomorrow, but we already have two in hand - both of which are good, and one of which is VERY good.  So we're already hugely relieved, but we'd like to get back to normal life soon. The kind of life where you can cook for dinner without fear of lingering smells turning off potential buyers!  Where you don't have to throw blankets over your sofa in the evening so your dog can sleep on it!

Back on the WLS topic... things are going pretty well.  In spite of the stress, I haven't done a lot of stress eating. I've had a few things that are carbier than my usual fare, but nothing crazy.  I HAVE missed a few vitamins, so now I'm working double hard on getting them in on time every day. 

Sizes... I'm down to 16 jeans, and could probably go to 14's but I haven't had any time to try any on.  My XL tops are pretty big on me now, but my belly isn't quite ready for larges yet (even though my shoulders definitely are!)

I'm in my monthly 3-week stall right now, hovering at 204.  SO CLOSE to oooonederland!  I'll definitely be there by the time I see my surgeon at the end of May... I just hope it'll be low enough that I register as under 200 on HIS scale, which routinely weighs me 3-4 lbs heavier than my home scale.  :) 

My weight loss has slowed down a bit, but shows no sign of stopping altogether, so I'm just keeping on.  I've also noticed I can eat more at a time now, which is good... because it's a lot easier to eat half a thing and save the other half than it is to eat a quarter of it and save 3/4!  I have leftover-fear, I always worry something will have gone off, or just be too difficult to eat after it has been in the fridge.  I still can't eat a huge amount, but enough that I no longer need to eat six times a day to get a decent number of calories in.  That's ALSO good.  I still supplement with premier protein shakes now that I can drink them again, and I always hit my protein target.  Water... is an ongoing struggle, especially on days that get busy.  So I have to be on my toes if I want to hit that target.

I've noticed so many new things I can do, though!  That's always fun.  I notice something new almost every day.  For instance, I can comfortably sit on my sofa with my elbows on my knees, my head propped on my hands, and watch TV.  I could never do that before.  I can look for things under the bed... and then get up on my own!  Right now I'm sitting on a sofa, bent over to type on a laptop on a coffee table... much less belly in the way!  I can carry things (small things) up the stairs!  And when I sit in my recliner, there's just a ton more room, and I often tuck my feet up beside me. 

Every day, there's something to remind me how glad I am I did this.  It's seriously the best choice I've ever made for myself!



16 Comments


Recommended Comments

Oof, house buying is certainly very stressful - but the upside of the sellers market is those good offers! I hope it all turns out well for you.

Love your update - sounds like its going well! I also have that leftover fear, but I still horribly overestimate. I made chicken for my lunches this week, and accidentally made enough for nearly 6 lunches - I'll never eat leftovers for six days! It's excellent you're hitting protein so well, and that you're noticing all the things that are new and different and easier! I think those things are the best motivation :D 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Way to go Kio! You are doing awesome. The more you can do the easier it will be to maintain the weight loss, at least that's how I feel about it. I'm glad to here your dog is getting better and that you are doing so well.

Share this comment


Link to comment

That is awesome about the house!  Good for you! I hated when our house was on the market (and it was only on for 3 wks) but what a pain in the neck kee[ping it spotless w/ three kids, one of which was only 2 and I was pg w/ one and throwing up 'round the clock so cleaning had no appeal to this tired momma!  After that I swore we'd never move again...and that was 16 yrs ago! 

Glad Sadie is recovering! (and the day boarding can stop!)

You are doing so well and not stress eating is WONDERFUL!  Good for you!  

Your shrinking sizes are incredible....way to go.  When was the last time you were in 14/16 jeans and Lg tops???  AWESOME YOU!  ("hey Onederland...make way for Kio...she's coming for you!")

Edited by CheeringCJ

Share this comment


Link to comment

Such a happy update! Onderland is oh so close!! And those NSVs at the end are what it's all about. Way to go!

Share this comment


Link to comment

Congrats on the house offers! That's great news :) 

You're shrinking away - it's amazing to hear about your progress. It sounds like you're living life more *comfortably* than in the past, which is one huge bonus of being thinner. Keep on keeping on. You're doing great :wub:

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 4/23/2018 at 8:39 PM, delilas said:

Oof, house buying is certainly very stressful - but the upside of the sellers market is those good offers! I hope it all turns out well for you.

Love your update - sounds like its going well! I also have that leftover fear, but I still horribly overestimate. I made chicken for my lunches this week, and accidentally made enough for nearly 6 lunches - I'll never eat leftovers for six days! It's excellent you're hitting protein so well, and that you're noticing all the things that are new and different and easier! I think those things are the best motivation :D 

It sounds like you're still doing better than I am though - at least you're cooking!  Mostly I've been relying on cold food (coldcuts, cheese, yogurt, protein shakes!) to get my protein in.  In the new house I plan on getting back into cooking my meals (not least because we'll have an awesome new grill!)

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 4/23/2018 at 9:08 PM, AustinJ said:

Way to go Kio! You are doing awesome. The more you can do the easier it will be to maintain the weight loss, at least that's how I feel about it. I'm glad to here your dog is getting better and that you are doing so well.

Thanks, Austin!  I'm starting now to focus on some exercise, too.  I haven't started that at all yet - other than walking, that is.  I'm probably going to join Planet Fitness (because cheap) and start doing some easy stuff - beginner stuff. (I found out just last night that I um... cannot do even one situp.  Super pathetic!  So I'm starting with some leg raises and mini-crunches.  I can't even do a full crunch, omg). 

After some googling, I've figured out my back issue is probably lumbar instability, which means I'll need to go to an actual doctor to get into actual physical therapy... but in the meantime I want to get stronger. 

Basically, I've started to feel like weight loss alone has improved my mobility as much as it can without some concentrated effort on stabilizing my back and getting my muscles stronger.  So that's my next big push!

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 4/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, CheeringCJ said:

That is awesome about the house!  Good for you! I hated when our house was on the market (and it was only on for 3 wks) but what a pain in the neck kee[ping it spotless w/ three kids, one of which was only 2 and I was pg w/ one and throwing up 'round the clock so cleaning had no appeal to this tired momma!  After that I swore we'd never move again...and that was 16 yrs ago! 

Yeah, that was definitely my LEAST favorite part of this process!  I may never make my bed again  :)  :)  :) .  I just can't wait until all the uncertainties are resolved and we have a closing date.  Right now we're still waiting on our mortgage confirmation letter, which has to come before next Friday.  And we have our buyers coming in on Sunday because they asked permission to get into the house with measuring tapes - so we have to clean AGAIN, mid-packing!  I just want life back to normal again (though a fun new normal, with a pool!)

On 4/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, CheeringCJ said:

Glad Sadie is recovering! (and the day boarding can stop!)

Yeah seriously!  Thank god she's better now!  She's started playing again just this week - throwing her chew toys at us and barking at it like it is attacking us and she's our protector!  :)  And when we can't get her out for a walk she's a holy terror.  So as soon as her hair grows back it'll be business as usual.  :wub:

On 4/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, CheeringCJ said:

You are doing so well and not stress eating is WONDERFUL!  Good for you!  

Your shrinking sizes are incredible....way to go.  When was the last time you were in 14/16 jeans and Lg tops???  AWESOME YOU!  ("hey Onederland...make way for Kio...she's coming for you!")

Ha!  I'm not there yet, damn it!  Onederland is taunting me from just out of reach!  I hit 200 yesterday, and I'm 201 today, and god knows what will happen next.  I'm doing all the good stuff I can, but it's just going to drop when it wants to, I guess - not when I demand it!

And it has been DECADES since I was in 14/16s!  I was in college!  And I was a wee undergrad the last time I was under 200!  That milestone really can't come soon enough.  (Stop screwing with me, scale!!!)  I'm TOTALLY BLOGGING IT when I get there...

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 4/23/2018 at 10:41 PM, Gretta said:

Such a happy update! Onderland is oh so close!! And those NSVs at the end are what it's all about. Way to go!

SO CLOSE... and yet... *whine*... still just out of reach!  I was 200 yesterday!  And 201 today.... cross your fingers for me tomorrow!

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 4/23/2018 at 11:52 PM, Jen581791 said:

Congrats on the house offers! That's great news :) 

You're shrinking away - it's amazing to hear about your progress. It sounds like you're living life more *comfortably* than in the past, which is one huge bonus of being thinner. Keep on keeping on. You're doing great :wub:

Thanks, Jen!  I feel pretty great.  I've hit that point where I feel like my mobility isn't really going to get better until I start strength training, so that's going to be my next thing.  And sadly I've also hit that point where my body says "200 and no further!" but I'm really hoping I can break the barrier sometime this week.... :)  :)  :)  

Share this comment


Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Kio said:

Yeah, that was definitely my LEAST favorite part of this process!  I may never make my bed again  :)  :)  :) .  I just can't wait until all the uncertainties are resolved and we have a closing date.  Right now we're still waiting on our mortgage confirmation letter, which has to come before next Friday.  And we have our buyers coming in on Sunday because they asked permission to get into the house with measuring tapes - so we have to clean AGAIN, mid-packing!  I just want life back to normal again (though a fun new normal, with a pool!)

Yeah seriously!  Thank god she's better now!  She's started playing again just this week - throwing her chew toys at us and barking at it like it is attacking us and she's our protector!  :)  And when we can't get her out for a walk she's a holy terror.  So as soon as her hair grows back it'll be business as usual.  :wub:

Ha!  I'm not there yet, damn it!  Onederland is taunting me from just out of reach!  I hit 200 yesterday, and I'm 201 today, and god knows what will happen next.  I'm doing all the good stuff I can, but it's just going to drop when it wants to, I guess - not when I demand it!

And it has been DECADES since I was in 14/16s!  I was in college!  And I was a wee undergrad the last time I was under 200!  That milestone really can't come soon enough.  (Stop screwing with me, scale!!!)  I'm TOTALLY BLOGGING IT when I get there...

I can't wait!!!  I'm not on here as much any more, but I'm checkin' every day for your big Onderland adventure to begin!!!  

Share this comment


Link to comment
10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I can't wait!!!  I'm not on here as much any more, but I'm checkin' every day for your big Onderland adventure to begin!!!  

I get that... I don't post as much as I used to!  But I come every day and read, and often comment on someone else's post or hit the like button.  I have this superstitious dread that if I stop spending time here every day, I'll stop working my program.  I'm one of those people who would do well in a cult :)  - I need a community of likeminded, driven people around me if I'm going to succeed at something! 

Believe me, I'll be posting about Onderland in giant flaming capital letters as soon as it happens - you'll be able to see it from space! :D 

Edited by Kio

Share this comment


Link to comment

no pressure, @Kio...just doing my daily weight check for you...haha! just like I did for @Gretta waiting for her to hit Onderland!  You'll be there soon....I am so excited for you because I bet this week is the week! :)  (for the record, I checked outer space today but didn't see your announcement yet!) 

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

no pressure, @Kio...just doing my daily weight check for you...haha! just like I did for @Gretta waiting for her to hit Onderland!  You'll be there soon....I am so excited for you because I bet this week is the week! :)  (for the record, I checked outer space today but didn't see your announcement yet!) 

LOL!  That's great, it'll keep me honest!

I'll give you a little spoiler:

This morning I was at 200.00!  So, it's possible that I waited an hour until I needed to use the bathroom again, weighed again, and .... THAT IS ALL I'M GOING TO SAY!!! :D

I'm not going to officially count myself in onederland until it's my first morning weight, though... so stay tuned!

Share this comment


Link to comment

aaaahhhh! I will check the sky tomorrow morning! ;)

I remember hitting 200.1 and thinking REALLY??? I can't drop 0.2# right this second?  Ugh...it felt like forever waiting for it to go down!  

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 5/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, Kio said:

I'm one of those people who would do well in a cult :)  - I need a community of likeminded, driven people around me if I'm going to succeed at something! 

Yup, me too, apparently. The Eternal Order of the Transcendent WLS Entities, or something.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now