Not an Idiot, Not Eating
This update is about 10 days late and my heart isn't in it. I have suffered through three deaths of close family and just got back from the last funeral. I have discovered that when the extreme stresses of life get to me, my coping mechanism of junk food (pizza, chips, etc), has zero appeal. This is great in regards to using my tool to continue on my weight loss journey but food now has zero appeal. I am not an idiot and I know that not eating is stupid but the last thing I feel like doing is figuring out what I should/could/can eat. I've been getting in protein through Genepro unflavored mixed with water so at least my protein and hydration is there. Meh.
In an attempt to improve my mood, below are five things that made me smile:
1. What folks warned about during flying (having your extra skin being mistaken as something dangerous during TSA screening) is true. I haven't been felt up this much since high school.
2. My brother is getting married! I normally am lucky to see my brother once per year because he lives overseas but I saw him in December for the holidays and recently for the funerals. I can tell he is so happy, and that makes me happy.
3. As an addition to above, my brother is moving near me! After living the last 20 years on separate sides of the country or in different countries, I'm thrilled he and his wifey-to-be will be 45 minutes away from me.
4. While I haven't felt like I've lost any more noticeable weight (and haven't updated my stats in about a month, nor bought more properly fitting clothes), I apparently look quite a bit different since I saw everyone at Christmas. I have a wonderful, supportive family and they were very lovely in their compliments.
5. I have discovered a new hobby. Well, I have finally started lessons on a hobby that I have wanted to learn for a long time - archery. It's almost meditative and I'm happy to be taking some time to cultivate the interest.
I need to get into the TT Forums and start getting caught up on how everyone is doing. I feel almost estranged from my TT folks, when really this is when I should be checking in and receiving/giving support.
Hugs to everyone and hugs to your families - enjoy every moment with them!