lightenupwoman

90 pounds and they just noticed today

19 posts in this topic

Someone I hardly see came by and said "you lost weight didn't you?" I said yes and changed the subject.

Then minutes later my coworker asks if I lost weight. She sees me everyday. I have gone from 24 to 14, I'm 89 pounds smaller and she just now noticed. People are weird.

Rachel14, fflintstone, Maja and 5 others like this

I lost about 70 before people noticed. I thought it was weird too. I've heard people don't notice change when they see you everyday.

i think it is harder to see when you see people frequently.  when more has changed since the last time they saw you it is more noticeable.  i am actually terrible about noticing wt changes in those i am around most frequently. plus some people aren't comfortable mentioning it unless they are sure, for fear of being wrong.  

I have a co-worker that finely asked me if I lost weight. She commented she notice months ago I was losing weight, but she didn't want to say anything because she didn't want me to think she thought I was fat to begin with. She said it's like asking someone if their pregnant, you don't want to say something if your wrong.

Wardog likes this

I've lost just over 80 lbs and it's taken some people until just recently to notice that I've lost weight.  The the phrase I hear most is, I can see it in your face.  My face?!  What about the freaking rest of me?  I've gone from a size 28/30 pant and 3X top to size 22 pant and 1X and XL tops.  

doll777 likes this

Well if they had noticed and not said anything, I would have understood that. But I could tell that she actually didn't know I lost weight at all! I guess it's true when you see someone every day it just is so gradual you don't notice. And it's not like I want people to talk about it, I really don't.

Well if they had noticed and not said anything, I would have understood that. But I could tell that she actually didn't know I lost weight at all! I guess it's true when you see someone every day it just is so gradual you don't notice. And it's not like I want people to talk about it, I really don't.

I know, right?!  I've been known to say, so and so has lost weight too.  Doesn't she look good?  Gets the attention off myself.  

rescuesu likes this

I have had very little in outside recognition. a saw a guy recently that probably saw me 90 lbs heavier 2 years ago and he didn't notice. :(

I'm sorry.

For what it's worth, not everyone feels comfortable commenting on someone's weight loss, for fear there could be health issues causing it. Just another perspective.

I would much rather no one notice but sadly everyone does. It seems to hijack most of my social interaction. I like it best when people just don't recognize me so I can walk on by. I must have looked HUGE! Ugh.

It's been a little over two months and over 60lbs and I've gotten more compliments/asking if I've lost weight than I can count...I guess when you see someone everyday and you aren't specifically looking, it can be easy to miss!  

The other day I was leaning over someone's desk at work and then I straightened up and went back to my desk. One of my coworkers said "Woah!!!Have you lost weight?" I see her every day. I said yes, and she was just flabbergasted that she hadn't noticed. I felt like telling her 97 pounds but didn't say it!

For what it's worth, not everyone feels comfortable commenting on someone's weight loss, for fear there could be health issues causing it. Just another perspective.

I was in a room once when these coworkers were talking, one says to the other "wow you've lost weight, you look fantastic."  The lady then gets up, all upset and walks out... it turned out she had cancer.  She didn't look sick but was losing a lot a weight.  

People are noticing but most won't say anything.  Even if I noticed, after seeing that interaction I will never say anything. If someone says "I've been trying to eat healthy" or something like that then I know it's intentional weight loss, then I may comment.

lightenupwoman, GAviv and ~Becca~ like this

Sorry for double post!

Edited by ShrinkingWaterlily

Not many people commented about my weight loss either. A lady at church asked if I was sick because I was losing so much weight. After that question, I stopped worrying about people not saying anything. I kind of like people not making it the topic of conversation.

lightenupwoman and GAviv like this

88 lbs gone and someone at work just said the same thing to me yesterday.  :)  

lightenupwoman likes this

Maybe people see it but don't say it. I do that frequently when a co worker has a new hair do etc.... I don't know why? Just caught up in the conversation and don't bring it up. Just a thought.

Maybe people see it but don't say it. I do that frequently when a co worker has a new hair do etc.... I don't know why? Just caught up in the conversation and don't bring it up. Just a thought.

Actually, I said, you just now noticed?  She said, sometimes when you see someone every day you don't see the difference like someone who hasn't seen you in a while.