Stephtay

Underwear brand recommendation?

19 posts in this topic

I used to wear the cotton panties from Lane Bryant and I think the style was high cut or something like that where they are cut up high over the thigh/hip. The opposite cut of 'hipsters' or boy short panties. I'm now wearing Jockey in a similar cut but I don't love them. I was just thinking about ordering a bunch of the Lane Bryant in the smallest size and then having them altered and then thought to ask y'all first. For those who like similar all cotton panties with the high leg, what brands do you like? Hoping to hear of brands that are sold in department stores like Macy's or Nordstrom. No Walmart and No Saks.

Thanks Ladies!

Hanes or Fruit of the Loom both have good cotton panties - in all sorts of styles - I get the briefs (more comfortable for me) but they come in high cut too.  You don't need to spend money to get panties altered!  you won't be wearing them that long before you need a smaller size - I don't spend much money on things right now - they will just end up at the goodwill or the trash (underwear) very quickly

Good suggestion! I didn't think of either of those! I will try them!

PatriciaAnn likes this

I wear hanes and fruit of the loom high-cut. The hanes sell everywhere, I think the last package I bought was 10 multi colored patterns and solids and they cost about $14 for the whole pack- super cheap compared to what I used to spend at Lane Bryant :)

PatriciaAnn and Stephtay like this

I also wear Hanes or Fruit of the Loom.....and I buy them at Walmart, sorry.   I used to exclusively wear high cuts but I actually really like the hipsters and boy shorts now.  LOL, sorry, I answered all the opposite of what you wanted to hear.

Jolls and Aprilwine - thanks for the recommendations! I'm going to try Hanes!!!!!!!

Frederick's of Holywood

Stephtay likes this

Frederick's of Holywood

i doubt Fredericks of Hollywood is very HOLY.  heh.

and just because a man likes it doesn't make it comfy! 

Shel, Lennie, PatriciaAnn and 7 others like this

I also wear Hanes or Fruit of the Loom.....and I buy them at Walmart, sorry.   I used to exclusively wear high cuts but I actually really like the hipsters and boy shorts now.  LOL, sorry, I answered all the opposite of what you wanted to hear.

I love boyshorts now too - I splurged on a pack on a whim - they are kinda fun :) and soooo affordable.

They have great panties at Soma, Victorias S and Fredericks have fun stuff too - but 15 bucks a pair is way out of my budget right now.

Stephtay likes this

I like boy shorts for what they do to my butt. But I prefer bikini style and I like just plain ol' cotton panties.

I like Just My Size, but now I have to do Hanes--JMS doesn't make panties small enough. :/

I like hanes comfort soft boy shorts. I have a latex allergy so I won't wear anything where the elastic touches my skin. ..this used to mean mens boxer briefs!

triadchick and Stephtay like this

Fruit o' the loom at Target, hipster--I love them.

Stephtay likes this

These are my favorite and they have them at Walmart!  Don't ride up, move with you, no lines and don't bunch up.  I've worn them forever (when I was almost 400) and now of course I was like a 15-16  panties then (uugggh) and now I'm an 11 but I'll move into a 9 I think before long!  Because of the stretch factor if you buy your size you'll be able to wear it 1-2 sizes down because they're "fitted" for lack of a better word!

Sonya

Stephtay likes this

Warners hipsters & boyshorts from Kohls. They have great wide, smooth bands. I always check the clearance rack or snag a new pair when making an online order.

Stephtay and Carrie2.0 like this

For "over the top serious serious" undies try LD Comfort. http://www.ldcomfort.com

Stephtay likes this

Frederick's of Holywood

When is your birthday and I'll get you some. ;)

august. i prefer peek-a-boo please

Stephtay, tmcgee and GAviv like this

I like Victoria secret hi cut briefs.

Stephtay likes this

I like the panties from JCPenney. Flirt-something has cute styles. Cosmopolitan also has cute ones. I used to do hi cut all the time. My undie drawer now has so many styles it is crazy! Kohls also has a good variety of styles. 

Stephtay likes this