fflintstone

Any 350+ guys that reach goal weight?

30 posts in this topic

You are all my heroes. Now, I just need to lose some weight. 1 day in and I haven't lost 100 pounds. Clearly, I am doing something wrong  ;) Nah, I just started the liquid diet yesterday. I think the lack of solid food is driving me a little batty. So I found this website and I am glad I did. You guys are motivation. 

Magic_t98 and duffman27 like this

Welcome, when is your surgery?  It happens fast, before you know it you won't recognize yourself in the mirror.

Magic_t98 likes this

So far nothing really bad in terms of sag. However the area between my upper arm and arm pit is starting to look weird around the stretch marks. Kind of like textured paper folding back up as I lift and lower my arm. And the area around my belly button is starting to look the same. Again, it's connected to the stretch marks with me. No moobs, nothing on the legs except that as my body ate itself in the beginning, my butt was particularly its meal of choice because I have lots of stretch marks there but not much "sagging" that I can tell. Overall I think keeping up with my protein intake and very regular workouts that include strength training has gone a long way in fighting the tendency for my body to look like a popped chewing gum bubble. But even if it did, I would take that in exchange for all the benefits of the surgery that I enjoy daily. I can see though how it would be more challenging if I were a woman. I never understood what it meant before when they would say they looked better in clothes than naked. That being said...I truly believe I would prefer a sexy, energetic, healthy, somewhat saggy woman over a morbidly obese, unhealthy one. If I had to choose purely on that criteria. But that's a topic for a different discussion thread. I was 440+ pounds. I am now 294. I am very close to my goal weight and I love the look and functionality of my new body. I doubt that I'll need plastics when I get there to correct for skin issues. But who knows what the next 30lbs of weightloss will do to my body? Good journey to all my WLS brothers and sisters!

Don't forget, with massive weight loss, you can easily carry 20+ pounds  of extra, saggy skin. I knew a person, 450+, got to 220 in 12 months. To remove the excess skin was going to cost $25K at the time

Magic_t98 likes this

The day I had surgery I was 383 and I had a 54 inch waist.  I am now 3 and half years out.  I am at 230 and still losing, and I have a 42 inch waist, although not at the very fast rate of the first year.  It has been most notable in my face, hands and mid-torso, but it has come off everywhere.  I exercise 4-5 days a week, and I have begun to regularly do weight lifting along with the cardio workout on the elliptical machine.  

As other on this thread have mentioned, it comes off where it comes off, but you can control it to some degree by your exercise routine.