fflintstone

Any 350+ guys that reach goal weight?

30 posts in this topic

Any 350+ guys that reach goal weight?

If you lost all the weight how did it come off your body?
Al though it is clear I have lost weight all over my body some areas seems to be slow to shrink. Out of everything my FUPA has shrunk the least. I don’t seem to be losing much in my chest (at least it looks like muscle under a shirt) I have a big handful of fat on my upper inner thigh.

I know there is NOTHING I can do to lose off a particular area, but it really is weird. In the fall I will try to build up the muscles in my biceps to help with the bat wings, but beyond that I find it weird where MY body choses to lose weight.

uglydude and tmcgee like this

I'm getting close, and yeah, you just have to accept where it comes off. My feet are narrower, and my hat size is smaller.

uglydude, fflintstone and Wardog like this

I'm getting close, and yeah, you just have to accept where it comes off. My feet are narrower, and my hat size is smaller.

my 2xl Shoei helmet went from not fitting on my head to fitting again.

when I get to goal I am going to buy new road and dirt helmets.

tmcgee, uglydude, Wardog and 1 other like this

I am still a long way away, but my chest, arms, face and neck are "normal." I have a bit of extra weight in my legs, but 90% is in my belly.... Its frustrating

Wardog, fflintstone, tmcgee and 1 other like this

I want to believe in this thread....

Best wishes, because I'm following along just farther out from you all.

Wardog, tmcgee and fflintstone like this

Pre band I was 340ish. I'm losing it everywhere but much slower in my belly and love handles. Hat went from an 8 to a lose 7 3/4. Pants tight 42 to loose 38 but there's a pretty substantial gut lurking. In the mirror my face looks normal but everywhere else...not so much

tmcgee, fflintstone, Bass359 and 1 other like this

my 2xl Shoei helmet went from not fitting on my head to fitting again.

when I get to goal I am going to buy new road and dirt helmets.

I have a Shoei RF1000 in 2XL, it's really kind of loose now, same for the Shoei Neotec flip face. XL would be a better fit.  I bought a Bell XL half helmet for the bicycle and it fits fine.

Also had the gussets taken out of the one piece Roadcrafter. It's still a bit big in the chest since it's a size 50.The Darien I bought on closeout a few months ago is a 46 and it fits fine, with enough room for the heated Gerbings liner under it.

The size 42 over pants were a bit tight when I bought them in January, they may be too big now.

Wardog, uglydude and fflintstone like this

Start Weight - 352

Current Weight - 229

Goal Weight - 215

Not 100% there, but it's only been 7 months and I'm happy with the progress.  I suggest re-incorporating weight-lifting.  This will spread the FAT loss around the body and aid in some of the descriptive difficulties you've talked about.

Good luck!

~Andrew

Edited by Fat_Statistics_Changing
Wardog, Bass359 and tmcgee like this

Out of everything my FUPA has shrunk the least.

Say it isn't so! Thats the first place I wanna lose when i get to post op status. Im looking forward to being "impressive"

tmcgee likes this

I started at 530 and im at 240. Goal weight is 215-220 i wouldn't doubt i have at least 10lbs of extra skin. Luckily it  doesn't look too bad. So I'm pretty close to goal weight. I don't think my excess skin is too bad where i need surgery yet.

Stephtay likes this

I was 448 the day of surgery. My goal, at 6'2", was 225. I got down to 228 in just under 2 years. I figured I'd loose those last 3 pounds by riding a bike. I worked my way up to about 30 miles+ a week over the next few months and gained 8 pounds(of muscle I presume). I have maintained for the past year from 230 to 236, up and down. I can't seem to get to my first goal no matter what I do. I'm happy where I'm at.

Stephtay, fflintstone and uglydude like this

I was 448 the day of surgery. My goal, at 6'2", was 225. I got down to 228 in just under 2 years. I figured I'd loose those last 3 pounds by riding a bike. I worked my way up to about 30 miles+ a week over the next few months and gained 8 pounds(of muscle I presume). I have maintained for the past year from 230 to 236, up and down. I can't seem to get to my first goal no matter what I do. I'm happy where I'm at.

3 pounds away would be goal enough for me. I think you've done very well!

Say it isn't so! Thats the first place I wanna lose when i get to post op status. Im looking forward to being "impressive"

I have always preferred to be impressive rather than look impressive.

you can always trim the grass around the tree trunk and expose the boulders.

honestly it doesn't look like any of it is gone but I will do another nude pic on my surgiversary and then compare.

Edited by fflintstone
uglydude and tmcgee like this

I was 368 day of surgery and at my one year checkup in May was 267.  Now I am 255 and need to start excercising more, my goal is 240.  Can't complain though, I used to wear 3-4x shirts and size 50 jeans, now I wear mostly 1x shirts, some 2x, and size 38 jeans.  I want to get into 36's, thats what I wore in high school.

So glad I had the surgery, I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Speaking of sizes, my head is much smaller in hat size, my feet are much narrower, and I had to quit wearing my wedding band because it kept falling off!  Who new there was so much fat in feet and hands!!

Wardog, fflintstone and GAviv like this

FWIW the only place I am getting a rash/sore from excess skin is on my inter thigh. still no major progress towards goal but when I start weight training again I will at least firm up the arms and chest some.

I was 340 before I got banded in 05'. I was 316 in March when I had RNY. I've stalled at 232 since my reflux has returned and or ulcer/hernia. Getting that sorted soon but eating is the only thing that calms the acid. Anyway, I can see I'm going to have to seriously knuckle down to get to onderland. I believe it can be done but my body likes this weight. My wife even says I should be done but I really want to see a 1 on the scale one more time.

fflintstone and tmcgee like this

I was 387 day of surgery an reached my goal of 250. I'm currently at 230, so I guess my goal was wrong haha. I have the same problem though. FUPA Nvr shrunk, an weird sagging skin on my upper inner thigh. I'm trying to figure out a exercise to lose it but I doubt that. I guess I'll look into surgery eventually

tmcgee, Bass359 and fflintstone like this

I was 387 day of surgery an reached my goal of 250. I'm currently at 230, so I guess my goal was wrong haha. I have the same problem though. FUPA Nvr shrunk, an weird sagging skin on my upper inner thigh. I'm trying to figure out a exercise to lose it but I doubt that. I guess I'll look into surgery eventually

you lost 160 lbs in 7 months with a sleeve???? holy crap batman!!! that rapid of a loss usually only occurs with bypass.

tmcgee likes this

but I really want to see a 1 on the scale one more time.

I do, as well! I must have lost 2 pounds in the bathroom today -- will know in the AM!  :lol:

Wardog and fflintstone like this

I do, as well! I must have lost 2 pounds in the bathroom today -- will know in the AM!  :lol:

I have had thoughts days to but somehow it never works out to an immediate weight drop.

tmcgee likes this

an weird sagging skin on my upper inner thigh.

Did you have this sagging skin on both sides? I only have it on one leg. I think it was the beginning of one of those skin ball things you see with the severely overweight on tv

I'm getting really close. One year post surgery and 200 pounds is in sight.

GAviv and la.craig like this

I'm still early on but I am seeing that the chest and inner thigh seem to be holding on to all the fat....damn moobs.  As I compare pictures those parts have barely shrunk, but my back and belly have changed a lot but still lagging previous weight loss.  The pants I was wearing when I was around 295 a few years ago still don't fit me...  

Crazy thing is arms and fingers shrunk...my wedding ring falls off and my watch spins around my wrist.  Go figure.

Magic_t98 likes this

I have had a hard time with the saggy skin on inner thighs. What's FUPA? I have a flap on belly, saggy skin on chest and above genital area, which bugs the crap out of me. LoL Hat size is way smaller and I've not found anything that targets specific. I do split body weightlifting workouts and periodic HIIT workouts, when I get ready for a Spartan race. Anyone had skin reduction surgery?

HW - >370

SW - 335

CW - 177

FUPA - fatty upper pubic area