TildyinTexas

How are all the February Surgery Goers doing? :)

9 posts in this topic

My surgery was Feb 7th, revision from lap band to sleeve.  I have lost 45 lbs so far.  It is going slow but steady, so I guess I can live with that.  How is everyone else doing?  I see a dietician once a month and she did a metabolism test on me last month to see how my metabolism works....WELL, it stinks!  It works at 17%.  So, she took me from 1,000 cals a day to 1200-1400 a day....and now I am losing again.  WOOHOO!  I am so excited to ONLY have to lose another 97 lbs to get to my goal.  LOL  Share your story!

Lennie likes this

I had gb on February 28th.  I've lost 66 lbs so far inclusive of my pre-op diet so it is working.  My weight loss has slowed down this past month so I am ok with steady and slow, just hate these darn stalls.

I had GB on Feb. 24th and I have lost 61 lbs at this point. Slow but steady.

February 3rd here... down 67 pounds!! Feeling amazing, couldn't be happier except for the fact that I'm still fighting with my insurance company to pay :(  But in the end if I end up owing, it was all still worth every penny!!  Life couldn't be better than it is right now.  Awesome job everyone on the great progress!!

Jessica

Lennie and Curveddifferently like this

I was February 13 vsg and I am down 96 pounds. 25 lbs to my goal and 50 to my final goal.

I feel great. I still struggle getting enough calories and protein in.

Best decision of my life...

My date was Feb 24th. I feel like I am losing way to slow. I'm now down 63 pounds from GB date. From reading everyone's post it looks like you all hit that a few months ago. I seem to stall for three weeks and than lose 3-4 lbs at once and then stall again. I'm feeling frustrated right now. My nut is like no help at all. I keep asking for a cal goal and how many carbs I should be eating and all she will tell me get your protein in and eat more, only I try and just can't. Someday's I can get in 800-900 cals, but I feel like I have to eat all day to do it. If I'm not stuffing my face (or at lest feel like I am) I only hit maybe 400-500 cals. I would love to hear what goals everyone is doing in a day. I am very happy with what I've lost so far, just worried I wont lose much more. So any ideas would be great...

My date was Feb 24th. I feel like I am losing way to slow. I'm now down 63 pounds from GB date. From reading everyone's post it looks like you all hit that a few months ago. I seem to stall for three weeks and than lose 3-4 lbs at once and then stall again. I'm feeling frustrated right now. My nut is like no help at all. I keep asking for a cal goal and how many carbs I should be eating and all she will tell me get your protein in and eat more, only I try and just can't. Someday's I can get in 800-900 cals, but I feel like I have to eat all day to do it. If I'm not stuffing my face (or at lest feel like I am) I only hit maybe 400-500 cals. I would love to hear what goals everyone is doing in a day. I am very happy with what I've lost so far, just worried I wont lose much more. So any ideas would be great...

First of all- everyone is different- so dont compare. i  know thats a crazy thing to say bc we all do- but you can't take it to heart.

I'm in the same boat as you because I stay around 500 calories a day. I Rarely get over 500. Whenever i get a stall- I up the exercise...and not really by much- literally I decide to take an extra walk at night or do extra retail therapy where I know i'll be putting in some steps.

i use the 'my fitness pal' app religiously. 

i am not one of the food crazy people on here. I know that it will not work long term for me to say I will never touch a potato chip again- I i get snack ziplock bags- I find a serving size and I make baggies with a 1/4 or 1/2 of a serving- I keep everything under 90 calories as far as snacks are concerned. And most of the time they are around 45-60 calories. 

My sleeve doesn't react well to sweet- which i'm thankful for because that was my kryptonite before. 

Just change little things about your daily routine all the time and you'll see more changes. 

Good luck- You're doing great. Try not to compare too much.

It's been 6 months and down 55 lbs.  So slow....  but, I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life.  I eat lean meats, greek yogurts, cheese sticks, eggs, veggies and fruits all the time with a few treats here and there.  Such as, graham crackers with peanut butter (daily) and then my Skinny Pop popcorn which I love, but only eat about twice a week now.  I am finally walking and try to get in 3 miles each day 3-4 days a week.  I am in Houston and it is getting hotter by the second.  I have also upped my water intake, which is helping too.  My Dr and Dietician have me on 1200-1300 a day which is me eating all day long, but they are trying to build my metabolism as it doesn't work! LOL  I can have one protein shake and that is 280 calories.  So, it adds up quickly.  (my protein shake is also 53 grams protein)  :) 

It is SO HARD NOT to compare against others.  I don't understand it .

Any ideas on getting in a jump start again? 

I'm late to this thread... Feb 6 GB... so far I am down 74.8 pounds.

I am frusterated because the last two months have been REALLY slow. I too will stall for 3-4 weeks and then lose a few pounds. I know it is a marathon and not a race, but dang... goal is so close!!!

Bottom line is I feel great. I believe I have dodged a bullet and will not need a 3rd back surgery. Losing the weight has really helped my back... a lot, and that was the goal. My blood sugars are back to that of a healthy person (I was pre-diabetic on day of surgery) my blood pressure is amazing (it was high too) and I can work out in the gym like a pro. My muscle mass is amazing and it is great to see muscle instead of fat in many places.

I have 26 pounds to go to meet my surgeons goal, 36 pounds to meet my goal.

Congratulations everyone on your successes! We all rock!!!