Mickeywickie

June 24

25 posts in this topic

Finally got my date... June 24th.... Woo hoo!!!

Johanina23 and kindred71 like this

Hi Mickeywicky,

You and I have the same date. Congrats to us. :D

I'm the day after you!!!

Congratulations!

Good luck to all of us... Please keep me updated on the outcome. Looks like we will have different experiences to share. I start my liquid diet June 17. I also have an education class tomorrow morning. The nurse said it will be a lot of information, and I should bring an extra set of ears... My only problem, I'm not telling too many people, and my support is very sick, ( mom). So I will just bring a notebook, and try to write fast....good luck, and god bless.

KristyOle likes this

Found out today I'm June 27 - happy to join your club ladies!

Congrats Johanina and ElizabethM. Our turn is coming up real soon. :D

EB17 likes this

Congrats Johanina and ElizabethM. Our turn is coming up real soon. :D

Oops! I am past the nerves & getting so very excited!! The nerves may be back at any moment, but I'm focusing on how different I'll be living my life next summer.

How are your pre-op diets going? Every once in awhile I have the urge to shove part if my son's oozy grilled cheese on sourdough into my mouth, but so far I've overcome the temptation!

Debola likes this

Hello ladies... on my 2nd day of liquid diet. How's everyone doing? I cannot get enough fluid in me to fill up. I'm getting almost 25 grams of protein in each shake, but I'm hungry an hour later. Any suggestions? I am also drinking 3, 32oz containers of water. Some days I can get 4 in. (thats a gallon a day).  I'm using the rest of my Herbalife I have around, my nut said there wasn't enough protein in it, so I'm putting two scopes in each shake. I am also adding 1/3 banana, and 1 tsp of peanut butter. (not helping)...  Last night I bought sf Carnation Instant shakes. Tried it with organic almond milk... not a good choice. Tossed it out after 2 drinks. Could you please tell me what your doing to get thru this? I still have 5 days to go. Thanks

Mickeywickie,

I was given a choice between 5 shakes/day mixed with water, or 4/day shakes mixed with either skim milk, almond, or coconut milk. The first day I tried to use water. I was hungry all day. So the second day I used an almond coconut milk combo, and that was way better even with only 4 shakes.  Also were you given a particular kind of protein that you had to use?

Wytrucker

My bari team told me liquid diet for 6 days starting the 17th, and clear liquids the final day, nothing after midnight on the 23. That's it...nothing specific at all..  It's not fun, no wonder they call it hell week. I did try a chicken broth for lunch today, was very good, and I feel full. That was 15 minutes ago, I will see how it goes. :unsure:  I tried the almond milk last night.. really don't like it. What protein are you using? I finishing up my Herbalife, are you a driver or passenger? lol

I was required to use BariEssential protein. I don't know if you can get it at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. If I had my choice I would be using Isopure Zero Carb, but that would be a lot of protein as it has 50 grams per shake. The BariEssential has 20 grams per shake. I do know that the protein is what keeps the hunger away. I do 4 shakes a day spaced evenly 7am-7pm. I eat 2-4 sugar free jellos and 1 cup of organic broth per day. Oh and a lot of water.   I have not felt hungry other than head hunger.

I am passenger 50% of the time and driver 50% of the time. I team with my husband.

Oh and I use MIO water enhancer to flavor my shakes.

Wytrucker girl,

Funny, I just ran to GNC on my lunch hour. I bought the Isopure unflavored protein to add to my Herbalife shakes. And I bought the Isopure zero carb protein drinks...they are 20oz, and 40 grams of protein. I'm trying the pineapple orange banana right now...

It must be head hunger. It's hard to drink anything, I'm actually full. The warm broth did it.

I was just wondering how you was going to feel bouncing around in that truck after surgery. At least you can stay home while he does a few loads and re-coupe. (I too have drivers, I also work at a trucking company on the outskirts of Chicago).

Good luck on the upcoming surgery. Mine is at 8:00 am. Keeps us all posted how you do. And thanks for the advice on the protein.

Michelle

I hope the isopure works for you. Glad the warm both helped.

We are not going to be doing any trucking after my surgery until at least the 7th or 8th of July. We'll see how things go. 

Well isn't it interesting that you are in trucking as well.  Small world.

Good luck on your surgery as well. You keep us posted also. You are welcome. 

How are you doing with your liquid diet Mickeywickie? I hope that isopure helped you.

Liquid diet is going ok. I just had a sf jello for dinner. The hunger pains have toned down ALOT. I do feel full since upping my protein. How's it going over on your side?

Wytrucker Girl likes this

Things are going as well as can be expected here. I am tired of this liquid diet though, and I am looking forward to Tues, with some fear and apprehension, but looking forward to it none the less. 

princessblog likes this

Morning ladies.... On the last leg of this chapter... Tomorrow I start the clear part of the diet. (Like this part wasn't hard enough). Went to a graduation open house yesterday, and it tested my will power. I was smart enough to drink a shake before I left the house. I also brought one with me and stuck it in their fridge. Watching my friends, family, my kids.... Everyone was eating, ALOT. Then it came to me, smelling all that great food, seeing the plates over filled with yummy goodness. That's was how I ate everyday... Not just at a party. Everyday. Over filled plates.

So as I sat there drinking my water, I didn't feel bad about it. I put myself in this situation. I saw my future, and the new choices I have to make. It wasn't too bad, drinking my shakes. I didn't need all that yummy food. (Thank god for will power). I need to eat to live, not live to eat. And I made it thru the night. Drank a lot of water, but I made it. This new tool I will be getting, will make it easier. And it is do-able.

I made my peace lastnight, and I wish all of you well on your upcoming journey.

I have two more days till the next chapter. So I will be using this time to get my things in order, spend time with my wonderful family, and a bit of quality time with my man.

Good luck to all of us.... See you on the losers bench!

Wytrucker Girl likes this

Good luck tomorrow Michelle!!! Let us know how you are doing when you can.

good luck !!

Things went well... I am still in the hospital, but eating a popcicle. Doc said I might go home tomorrow. And I have walked, walked, walked.

The dinner choice was tea, chicken broth, and sf orange popcicle...took the cold one, throat still hurts.

Doc also said I have one less incision, and i don't have to worry about packing it. He did the da Vinci robot. Good job doc.

Good luck to everyone who's date is coming up. I am officially on the loser bench.

GAviv and Wytrucker Girl like this

Mickeywickie

I am glad you made it through surgery ok. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Morning all....

Been awhile since I've checked in. Everything is going fine. Healing up well, itchy tho. Haven't weighed myself in a week. Hoping to get a suprise by Monday.

Still having problems getting my water in, but the protein has went up some.

I'm 3 weeks post-op today, and still tired by the time I get off work at 4. In my mind it's the low calories, but I'm really not sure. I wish I had more energy. Prior to surgery I lived on Monster Drinks...

I asked my doctor when can I get in the gym, he said not until 4-6 weeks after sur date. In my mind, I'm thinking...can't hurt to work on my waist down... so i've settled on walking my 100 pound dog around the neighborhood. Most of the time I let him pull me the last half of the block home. Get tired after 1/2 mile.......

Hope everyone else is doing well...keep drinking! Talk to you soon.

princessblog likes this

This is my date too!  Almost 1 month out guys!