Buddymiles5

Male sex drive

44 posts in this topic

When I was close to 500 lbs I was getting none or almost none but my sex drive was also low so I didn't really care. Now that I've lost 130, I'm still getting none or almost none but my drive is much higher so it's bothering me. Anyone else have this issue? Im assuming there is a medical reason for this. Anyone know what it is?

Wardog likes this

Weight loss and exercise raise T levels. Three months ago my levels were very low and have now bumped up into the normal range.

uglydude and IWANT2GETSKINNY like this

My drive has increased as well, being down 108 pounds.  I think its normal.

Wardog and IWANT2GETSKINNY like this

I've got the will, but the plumbing doesn't work right anymore. Probably should see a urologist, I'm just getting old, I'm not dead yet.

Ever since about a month after I had my surgery, I've wanted a husband (I'm an old fashioned Christian girl).  It's been years since I thought about having a mate.  

pacorvalan likes this

Oops, sorry, I not a male.

pacorvalan and uglydude like this

when I hit my late 40's my sex drive went from "want it 6 times a day can do it once" to want it "5 time a day can do it every other day". in the meantime I was diagnosed with low T. I took a testosterone supplement but my red blood cell count skyrocketed. I had to stop taking testosterone, none of my doctors has bothered to test it since.

my weight loss has not affected my ability to preform, but the Flomax has diminished my gratification somewhat.

IWANT2GETSKINNY likes this

I had my endocrinologist tell me that testosterone is water solvable and soaked up in fat. Lose the fat and the drive will return. Also looking forward to less fat below the belt so things look bigger.

my weight loss has not affected my ability to preform, but the Flomax has diminished my gratification somewhat.

I lost the ability before I started with the flomax. Vitamin V used to help, but no longer.

I have my testosterone checked regularly. It's a good idea to do that as you age. Low T can cause loss of muscle mass, energy, and mental quickness, as well as libido.

Buddy, your pretty young so low testosterone likely not an issue for you. But it's still a good idea to know what your baseline levels are.

Maybe being thinner is just making you feel sexier?

Testosterone is a hormone and I suppose it could be held in storage in fat cells, which release as your burn fat. I dunno.

IWANT2GETSKINNY and Wardog like this

I have my testosterone checked regularly. It's a good idea to do that as you age. Low T can cause loss of muscle mass, energy, and mental quickness, as well as libido.

Buddy, your pretty young so low testosterone likely not an issue for you. But it's still a good idea to know what your baseline levels are.

Maybe being thinner is just making you feel sexier?

Testosterone is a hormone and I suppose it could be held in storage in fat cells, which release as your burn fat. I dunno.

Mine's a bit low, but there's something else going on. Libido is okay.

Aviator likes this

.....  Also looking forward to less fat below the belt so things look bigger.

This happens for certain.  

Wardog likes this

Also looking forward to less fat below the belt so things look bigger.

I hear ya on that one. I wanna go from a turtle head to a giraffe

fly on the wall in a mens dorm.  ...just sayin.

Not even close but it'll have to do.

Buddy, I don't know the reasons but I can commisserate.  I'm feeling a little "insane" myself.  You are not alone.  I want to spend this honeymoon period focused on me, but I feel like doing anything but that and trying to enjoy this new found lease on life.

I keep telling myself that good things will come later and to focus on myself for now.

touche'

IWANT2GETSKINNY and GAviv like this

At least you know you're a fly and not a guy, Happy Camper.  :)

tmcgee, uglydude, Obsidian and 1 other like this

At least you know you're a fly and not a guy, Happy Camper.  :)

She is such a sweetheart, warm and loving, an amazing woman!

At least you know you're a fly and not a guy, Happy Camper.   :)

thank goodness for small favors!  I like being a girl!

uglydude, Leebo72, Aviator and 1 other like this

aww,   muah!  :wub:

princessblog, tmcgee and Lennie like this

Ditto!

tmcgee and Happy-Camper like this

Me too!  I wandered in here one day while I was struggling with these blasted newly awakened physical cravings and then later discovered it was for dudes only.  It kinda reminds me of the time I was 9 months preggers and wandered into the men's restroom at the theater.  I'm sure the young boys at the urinals were just as shocked as I was when I came out of my stall!  Note to self:  Look to see if it says "Men" before entering! 

You wear it well, H-C. I like you being a girl.

tmcgee and Happy-Camper like this

Me too!  I wandered in here one day while I was struggling with these blasted newly awakened physical cravings and then later discovered it was for dudes only.  It kinda reminds me of the time I was 9 months preggers and wandered into the men's restroom at the theater.  I'm sure the young boys at the urinals were just as shocked as I was when I came out of my stall!  Note to self:  Look to see if it says "Men" before entering! 

If you miss the sign on the door, the urinals might be the secondary clue LOL