Happy-Camper

One a day bariatric multi

5 posts in this topic

I've been taking this for a month or so now and thought I'd do a quick review of it.

http://www.procarenow.com/Chewable-One-A-Day-Bariatric-Multi-Vitamin-Gastric-Bypass-Formula-30-ct_p_10002.html

I love that it's a one a day.  I like that its chewable and small.  Easy to remember, small and not horrible tasting if you don't mind a somewhat strong B vitamin taste.  Reminds me of baby vitamins but not as strong.  I love that it's incredibly affordable at 11.99 for 30.

There was some concern that we couldn't absorb all we need to absorb in one chewable a day, so what I started doing was just sucking on them.  I pop one as I leave the house to go to work and 1/2 an hour later as I'm pulling in its almost gone.  Not sure if doing it slow would help that absorption issue or not, but I'll try it until my next bloodwork in August and find out then.

I DO know that when taking regular or other bariatric vitamins I inevitably wind up with a coated tongue.  I think it's from a vitamin deficiency because after two days of taking these, it's totally gone.  Hallelejuh!  I did a nutrient comparison on this and Bariatric Advantage and there are few differences, but this one a day has either one or two things that BA doesn't have.  Neither have potassium though, so I'll be supplementing that shortly.

bariSFnew.jpg

Thanks for being the test subject!

and it has iron too - I may look into this!

I'm now afraid to take bariatric vitamins.  Celebrate multi chewable upsets my stomach, and I threw up the Bariatric Advantage chewable I took a week ago.  I haven't had a problem with any food, but apparently my sleeve and bariatric multi-vitamins don't get along.  I'm taking One A Day petites twice a day and they have yet to bother my Frankentummy.

Edited by ToutDeSuite

Thank you for sharing! This seems like a great find. I'm pre-op and doing all of my vitamin research right now, this seems like the most complete vitamin tablet so far. Not bad price either!