Johanina23

Date Set!

I finally have my date! June 25th! Woo Hoo! I was complaining about how far away the date was, but after some thought, I realized that it is actually perfect since June 26 is the last day of school for my daughter here in NYC. I am the current PTA Treasurer and I will have plenty of time to leave everything squared away before the next year. I'm so excited and anxious all over again.

Any June Surgeries? How is this process going for you? 

My date is also June 25th. My process of getting here has went pretty smooth. I started this ride on March 3rd. I got lucky with my insurance, they didn't require a 6 month diet or a psych evaluation. I just had to get a letter from my psychiatrist stating that I can make decisions about surgery on my own. The only major test I had to do was the EGD. I have sleep apnea so I didn't have to do another sleep study, they just used my old study from a couple years ago. Sorry if I rambled, I'm just excited. Only 52 days to go.

Good Luck to you both !! My date is also in June on the 9th !

Congratulations!

My date is June 2. I'm all finished with everything except one more weigh-in at my pcp's office (not required for surgery). I'm tired, stressed, and more than ready!!

Waiting for my approval.....would love to be sleeved on June 30th. Good luck to you!

Good Luck, I hope you get your date soon. I was a hot mess while waiting to get a date set, and now I have everything straightened out.   

I'm going to see my NUT tomorrow, for a quick refresher b4 surgery since it has been 6 months since out last appointment. I can't wait. I'm already planning the outfit I plan on wearing for my 36th birthday.

I'm scheduled for June 27th! I'm really only a little scared, more excited than anything else.

I'm scheduled for June 3!

That is awesome. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Mine was set yesterday ... June 24. Good luck to all...

My surgery is scheduled for June 19 at 10:00 am.

Wow it looks like June is filling up! 

Hey All!!

I am scheduled for June 17th!!!  Woohoo, it's right around the corner.  I start my high protein/low carb diet this week and then a full week of liquid before the big day.  Getting a little case of the jitters.  I can't help but think in the back of my mind that something can always go wrong.  Is this normal?  I keep trying to get this out of mind and tell myself it will all be ok.  Sorry, not trying to be a downer....believe me I am so excited too!!  I think I may just be going through some roller coaster emotions. Agghhh!!

I am scheduled for June 19th.  I totally understand how you are feeling.  I am excited and nervous and at times almost want to talk myself out of it.  It makes it hard when people around make negative comments like....gosh, I don't think I could do it.......why don't you just try eating less......don't you think you can do it on your own........

it really makes me not want to talk to people about my upcoming surgery.  We WILL do great!  

I am scheduled for June 19th.  I totally understand how you are feeling.  I am excited and nervous and at times almost want to talk myself out of it.  It makes it hard when people around make negative comments like....gosh, I don't think I could do it.......why don't you just try eating less......don't you think you can do it on your own........

it really makes me not want to talk to people about my upcoming surgery.  We WILL do great!  

I understand the feelings that those comments can make. I have tried everything to lose weight and I could lose 10 lbs easy but nothing more with out blood, sweat and tears.  I still have people telling me that I look great, that I shouldn't go through with my surgery, and I tell them to walk a day in my body with all the aches and pains. 

We are here for you, and this month is the month of our transformation. 

It is so nice having other people to talk to that understand.  Thinking positive thoughts for both of us!!!!

Hi all,

Im am scheduled for June 17th. I went for my pre op visit with my Dr. yesterday.  I am on 1000 calorie a day diet.  2 protein shakes and a meal.  I got the call today for my pre op tests (EKG, Blood, etc)  I will go take a 2 1/2 hour education class on Thursday.  sh*t just got real!!. lol  I wasn't scared or nervous before but now,  I'm not going to lie... I'm scared.  Mainly because I worry about my family if something were to happen.  

My favorite line from some of my friends and family is......have you tried dieting?  SMH.  Its nice to know Im not the only one with people like that around me.  

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all have a speedy recovery.

Hi Kristy,

So glad you are still on track with June 17th....can you believe it is only 2 weeks away???

I have been feeling the same as you....Am I doing the right thing?  I believe I am and so lucky to have great support.  I know my husband is worried, but he is backing me all the way.  

I have someone I have been talking to that is 6 months post op and she told me tonight that when I get to the one week full liquid pre surgery(next week), it will be one of the sh**iest weeks ever, but I can make it through....it's only 7 days.  I LOVE hearing that from someone who has been there!

Hi twins,

Thankfully I won't have to do a week of the liquid only diet. :)  My husband and kids are very supportive also.  I just worry about them.  My 11 yr. old is really scared.  He knows I'm having the surgery, he just doesn't know when.  I don't know when I'm going to tell him. He has anxiety and I don't want  to stress him out more than I have to.   I don't know if its the right thing to do but its the right thing for us. I have 2 adult kids and my daughter has been a gigantic help with my son.  Even though they fight all the time.  lol

But on a lighter note... I'm still very excited.  

Its good you have someone to talk to and let you know what to expect.   

Hi Juners!

I'm June 17 for the Vertical Sleeve.  My original surgery date was May 19 for Gastric Bypass.  Unfortunately, my insides are too rotated for the Bypass to work, so now the Sleeve is my only option.

I can't believe it's only two weeks away!  Part of me is dreading going through the surgery again, but at least this time I will have the end result I want!  :)

Hi Kindred,

Congrats on the date.  Same date as Twins2003 and me.  

Did you actually go in for the bypass surgery or was it just cancelled before?

I actually went in for the Gastric Bypass surgery and had surgery!  Unfortunately, they just removed my appendix and didn't do the GB surgery.  I was VERY confused waking up in the recovery room in a lot of pain and trying to comprehend the surgery was not successful.

My insides are partially rotated and I never knew.  I've never had surgery before so there was no reason to expect anything different.  Instead of my appendix being in the lower right corner, it's up where my stomach is.  And instead of my bowels being in the lower middle, they are on the right side.  Because they are on the right side, my surgeon couldn't stretch the intestine over to connect with the pouch.  She said I'm #5 that she's seen so far in her career.  Never did I ever consider I couldn't have the surgery!  Of all the things that could go wrong, that never entered my mind!!

So, the only option for me is the VSG surgery.  Thankfully my surgeon isn't putting it off and I'll have another surgery in a couple weeks!  This time it better work!!!  haha!