OneBrightDay

Calling all Nurses

7 posts in this topic

I am a nurse in critical care and I would like to know how easy or difficult returning to work was for everyone.

I started working again when the pain meds ran out, about two weeks. Not a nurse, just sayin'.  Didn't have my energy back for six weeks though.

OneBrightDay likes this

I am a nurse in critical care and I would like to know how easy or difficult returning to work was for everyone.

You should about lifting restrictions.

I'm not a nurse but my job has a lifting requirement of 70lb.  Along with WLS, I also had an umbilical hernia repair and my surgeon wouldn't release me for work until 8 weeks post-op.

I'm a labor and delivery nurse which is a very physical job. I was able to go back to work after 2 weeks but had weight restrictions until 6 weeks. My floor really needed me so they were willing to have me restrictions and all. They could have made me stay out because it wasn't work related.

Nutin2it likes this

Right now I am scheduled for 4 weeks off, so I will see how I feel. I might just work night shift for a while. I am also applying for new jobs because I believe it is time to put my master's degree to use :)

Smallbites2015 likes this

I am a paramedic and I went back to work in 1 week but had a lifting restriction for 7 weeks.

I work on a very busy pediatric floor. I was cleared after 4 weeks with a lifting restriction. I think I went back after 6 weeks. Lol I can't remember. I work 12 hr shifts. It was rough that first week but overall not bad