lisalisa4436

Addicition

I was one of those people who thought: Oh not me, that would never happen to me.  The doctors warned me and warned me about drinking but I didn't listen.  After almost four years after my gastric bypass I almost died.  I was so sick, my liver and kidney were breaking down and I couldn't even keep water down.  I was in the hospital for 7 days but prior to that I was in bed for 12 days.  I'm 182 days sober and it's been a tough road.  I just wanted to share my story just in case I could help someone.

Thank you for sharing this warning with us. Transfer addiction is a REAL possibility that many patients are just not informed enough about. I am sure it's been a really tough time for you and am so happy you are doing so well now.

Glad you are doing better!

Congrats on 182 days!!!!! Can you share with us - was drinking

any issue prior to bypass? I have read so many studies which indicate bypass contributes to

alcohol abuse due to the way we absorb it. Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations on 182 days sober, and thank you for sharing your experience here. There is a lot of support to be had in these forums. 

both yours and Elaines surgery dates are farrrrr into the future! Check your stats!

I'm sorry that happened to you, and so happy for you that you're coming back from it. 

Congrats on your sobriety, and thanks for sharing.   If not for TT, I'm not sure I would have taken the warnings so seriously.   Seeing real people develop a problem really makes you think.