Happy-Camper

I received my free Protein, vitamins and scar cream today

48 posts in this topic

It has been a month since I registered. They called me totally pushed the add ons like the scar cream. I even asked them what the scar cream was for. They were vague. I said I just didn't know if my doctor would approve of it. I also said my gut feeling is My insurance would go for it. they said we work with Tricare everyday. Guess not, because nothing became of it. I am so relieved. I would have felt awful if my insurance was billed $5000 for cream to put on the stretch marks I got from having children.

I was digging the extra protein idea, but NOT LIKE this. This is right up there with hospitals billing insurance $5 for a band aide. That never sat right. Heck, for $5 grand I could get one boob done.

I wonder if this is the sort of thing which needs to be reported. Scam

Julie-R and Njjenny62 like this

It does need to be reported, only I don't know where to start.  The BBB wants all your information and then they report it to the company in question and give them a chance to rebut.  But  you can't do it anonymously.   I have no ideas after that.  There HAS to be some type of pharmacy accountabilty bureau, or a registration thing or something!  It's wrong what they're doing.  Just wrong.

Julie-R likes this

It does need to be reported, only I don't know where to start.  The BBB wants all your information and then they report it to the company in question and give them a chance to rebut.  But  you can't do it anonymously.   I have no ideas after that.  There HAS to be some type of pharmacy accountabilty bureau, or a registration thing or something!  It's wrong what they're doing.  Just wrong.

Why not contact the FDA?

Happy-Camper, Julie-R and Zen_Steph like this

great idea

I been watching this thread for a while. I think it's just awful what happen HC. LOL 5,000 for scar cream. They need reported and i hope they haven't already taken advantage of too many people. Just sucks! 

i don't know if it's any consolation, but you totally saved me from continuing with them! I am going to call them tmrw and tell them to take me out!

xxxxxxx, Julie-R and Happy-Camper like this

Not to take an unpopular stance. However, my insurance approved it and I have gotten 5 cases of protein shakes a month for 4 months now. I really can't afford to buy the vitamins and protein shakes to meet my needs. I also get the scar cream, but haven't used it. Just wanted people who are in real need and have insurance to know that it has worked ok for me.

Not to take an unpopular stance. However, my insurance approved it and I have gotten 5 cases of protein shakes a month for 4 months now. I really can't afford to buy the vitamins and protein shakes to meet my needs. I also get the scar cream, but haven't used it. Just wanted people who are in real need and have insurance to know that it has worked ok for me.

You need to check your prescription insurance and see how much they are charging for it.  You may have a yearly maximum, and if so, they will meet it - and when they do, you will quit getting the supplements and you will then be paying full price for any other meds you need for the rest of the year.  Buyer beware.

Julie-R likes this

Goes back to the old "If it sounds too good to be true....."

GAviv and Happy-Camper like this

Now Im scared to try it. I was so excited since I am not wealthy :( Guess some things are too good to be true.

Happy-Camper likes this

I just got a voicemail my doctor signed off on the protein drink and scar cream. They said in the voicemail they would go over Tricare's policy. Any thoughts? Protein drink and no scar cream? I highly doubt my insurance will cover ANY of this. I don't need their add-on products or for them to rip off insurance.

I just got a voicemail my doctor signed off on the protein drink and scar cream. They said in the voicemail they would go over Tricare's policy. Any thoughts? Protein drink and no scar cream? I highly doubt my insurance will cover ANY of this. I don't need their add-on products or for them to rip off insurance.

I'm not sure that tricare will cover anything relating to weightloss except surgery...you might try calling the customer service for your section to see?

it might cover it but I wouldn't recommend getting it if you have a yearly or lifetime maximum on prescriptions.  They will max it out and you'll wind up paying full price on all scripts once that happens.

✿ Paula ✿ likes this

I found this on insurenutrtion facebook page.

Multivitamin nutrition information....The compounded liquid form from Optisource.post-18175-0-77435700-1397101136_thumb.j

I found this on insurenutrtion facebook page.

Multivitamin nutrition information....The compounded liquid form from Optisource.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

yes it is, and it's tasty.  Only it's 100% of our RDA and not 200%.  So we have to double their suggested dosage of 7.5 ml which makes their prescription stuff only last 2 weeks instead of 4.

But either way, cancel the scar cream and they cancel the vitamins. 

Insurenutrition called me again today. I told them I was not in need of the scar cream, but could use the protein drink. The way it works is they get insurance to pay for the scar cream and they add on the protein supplement. Insurance doen't pay for the vitamins or protein. It is their add on. Can't just get the protein or other vitamin suppliments.

The rep also stated they do not charge the price for the compounded cream, This is what the insurance companies set. Huh?

Anyway, what a scam. Lets just compound scarcream and sell it to anyone over the phone. Lets get our doctors to agree to a drug over the phone. Nuts.

Said no thankyou and put it in my file I declined.

Happy-Camper likes this

I tried to call this company a couple of weeks ago before I'd seen HC's update. The phone just rang and rang and rang - for at least a couple of minutes. If you haven't already, HC, tell you insurance company what's going on. These jerks don't need to be fleecing us all.

✿ Paula ✿ and Happy-Camper like this

Insurance won't cover the shakes or the vitamins alone.  The girl told me they buy shakes from Costco.  I guess making that much off a bogus scar cream concoction, they can afford to also send protein shakes and vitamins.   The thing is, the base of the scar cream is Pracasil, which is a real scar cream that doesn't cost that much.  They justify it by adding two inexpensive ingredients and compounding it. They don't have to tell the insurance companies what is in the compound, just that it's a "compounded" product.  Somebody figured that out and decided to take advantage of insurances.  Evil genius.

Stephtay likes this

Wow i just signed up with ensure nutrition today. Has anyone had sucess with these products or am i better off buying protein shake and vitamins myself?

Wow i just signed up with ensure nutrition today. Has anyone had sucess with these products or am i better off buying protein shake and vitamins myself?

read the whole thread and then you can decide for yourself.  I'd say don't trust them.  I know what they do.  If you do decide to get their scar cream that they are very nonchalant about, beware of your prescription insurance maximums.  It will eat it up in no time flat.

I got 72 shakes this month for free. I had also agreed to the scar cream and vitamins, but I asked for the protein shakes to come first and they did. After I read your posts, I cancelled the scar cream.  They were charging my insurance company $4500. I don't have a lifetime or annual Max but I still thought it was ridiculous and canceled. Insure Nutrition said I will still get the shakes but they will not be auto-shipped. I will have to call each month to get them to ship. We'll see what happens next month. I'll keep you posted. 

1 hour ago, Kitty Kat said:

I got 72 shakes this month for free. I had also agreed to the scar cream and vitamins, but I asked for the protein shakes to come first and they did. After I read your posts, I cancelled the scar cream.  They were charging my insurance company $4500. I don't have a lifetime or annual Max but I still thought it was ridiculous and canceled. Insure Nutrition said I will still get the shakes but they will not be auto-shipped. I will have to call each month to get them to ship. We'll see what happens next month. I'll keep you posted. 

@Kitty Kat, Nothing is for free, at least in my experience.

I have regretted every single time I have signed up for something on a monthly basis like this. Did you compare to Amazon? Amazon Prime will ship to your house and you can get cartons of protein shakes without the other junk....

Good luck with your surgery on the 21st.