Happy-Camper

I received my free Protein, vitamins and scar cream today

48 posts in this topic

edited after the fact.  Do this at your own risk.  You hear me?  Seriously.  They are deliberately focusing on WLS patients in this scam.  Scum of the earth.  I have seen so many people that said they got this "deal" and yet no one will respond as to what actually happened.  So I'm that person.  I believe everything happens for a reason and all we need is one person to shed light on a bit of darkness to put an end to this and put them out of this particular scam business.  So read on:

Bottom line, they charged my prescription insurance (not me) $5,300 for the scar cream and when I cancelled it they also cancelled the protein and the vitamins which they said they wouldn't do unless insurance wouldn't pay for them. They knew all along insurance wouldn't pay for vitamins and protein. I asked the girl I talked to initially if they were the makers of Premier and she told me they buy it at Costco.  I got red flags then, but continued on. They did tell me that whatever insurance didn't pay on the scar cream, I would not owe and that was true.  However, insurance paid something like $3,500 toward it!  In talking with one of our members who  is a pharmacist, she told me the ingredients for the scar cream weren't worth anywhere near that amount of money, so they are scamming our insurance companies as well. It's a real scar cream (Pracasil) with the addition of antihistamines and steroids in it. That is what lets them send it on to your prescription insurance with the description of "compounded ingredients", which insurance apparently doesn't question.  They just pay.  I wish there was a way to get them audited or inspected by someone who cares.  Lies were told by them and then denied. I have yet to see anyone else say they continued to get the vitamins and protein for longer than one month.   I tried it because frankly, I'm not wealthy and if they could get my insurance to pay for protein and vitamins I was going to try it.  They encouraged me to try their scar cream as an addendum, "oh by the wayyyy.... we have this scar cream..."  like it was no big deal.  However that's where they make their money and when you cancel it, they cancel everything else.

avoid . at . all . costs.  unless you want your insurance maximums met really, really fast.  On the bright side, my prescription deductible is met for the year. 

If you see people come on this or other forums out of nowhere and start bragging about their free protein, it's probably one of their shills.  I think they hit up all the forums a couple of times a year.  We had one here that posted a few times with what I believe was a fake profile, then disappeared. I mentioned it early on to our moderator, but we both gave him benefit of the doubt because he appeared authentic. I pm'd him asking if he worked for the company, and he never responded, just disappeared.  If you're also on another forum, please PLEASE copy this portion of this post and post it there so others won't be scammed.

end edit

--------------------

For those of you looking into the free protein drink thing, it's real.  I've never seen anyone with a follow up post on it, so here we go.  (see above for why!)

http://insurenutrition.com/

They also go by Loyola Pharmacy.

Edited by Happy-Camper

Unfortunately, if insurance is paying for it, it never ends up being free.  I suppose I feel that way because the company I work for self-funds their insurance plans, and when claims go up, our premiums go up.

Happy-Camper likes this

Cant wait to register tomorrow. Ill let you know how it turns out. Looking for multi and calcium citrtate.

They called me after submitting the online form. . They wanted to add on scar cream and multi vitamin. I told them I wasn't confident about insurance covering. I could feel their upsale after the protein drink. I left a voice mail for my doctor's nurse to expect a fax from them.

Now I wait.

✯AprilWine✯ likes this

H-C,

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I do have a question - if they haven't filed it with your insurance yet, how do you know your insurance will pay for it?  I guess I'm concerned that the customer might end up having to pay for it.

That's awesome. I highly doubt Tricare covers all this, especially that wicked expensive scar cream.

Unfortunately my insurance didn't cover any of it. 

H-C,

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I do have a question - if they haven't filed it with your insurance yet, how do you know your insurance will pay for it?  I guess I'm concerned that the customer might end up having to pay for it.

I asked them this on the phone. They told me even if they sent it to me I wouldn't be charged. They reiterated NEVER charged. Still leery.

Yeah I'm thinking Tricare would laugh at this.  :(  bummer too because I love Premier Protein!

TheBlackSea and broadwaybaby like this

I got a call from my doctor today saying she didn't approve the scar cream nor the vitamins. I am able to talk to her about it next week if I wanted to, but I said no thanks. I dohope they still send me the protien shakes.

Becca52 likes this

thanks for posting this I was sure it would be a scam but I guess not. please post when or if the insurance goes through :)

I'm still waiting for mine. My clinic approved the vitamins and the protein shakes and sent it back. Maybe they're waiting for the insurance to get back to them...?

did the vitamins come with anything that says how much of each vitamin is in a serving, I went to their Facebook page they had posted an image of the vitamins but the values were very low only 25% of daily value and my nut said it should be 200% 

H-C,

They told me that the protein will be at no charge to me even if insurance doesn't cover it.  They precert everything except the protein I think because it's not a prescription.  Usually scripts are covered by a separate prescription service but the protein would fall under the medical insurance portion.  They have to file first I think.  But they told me even if it's not covered, it would be sent at no charge along with the vitamins.

did the vitamins come with anything that says how much of each vitamin is in a serving, I went to their Facebook page they had posted an image of the vitamins but the values were very low only 25% of daily value and my nut said it should be 200% 

It's a bariatric vitamin (Optisource I think) and they send instructions to take 7.5 ml, 4 times a day (which is 1.5 teaspoons) in order to get the daily recommended allowance.  I just got four 10 ml syringes and draw up a full 10 ml 4 times a day and squirt it in my mouth.  It tastes really good and  the syringe keeps me from having to carry a teaspoon and the big bottles with me.  I pour some into a small container and throw the syringes into a ziplock bag and toss all into my purse.  Easy peasy.

They didn't send calcium citrate, but I think (need to check) that Optisource has it.  If it's supposed to be 200% and  7.5 ml is only 100% then Ill just double it and use two syringes.

Edited by Happy-Camper

Cigna

Update on free stuff...

deleted this post.  It just pisses me off.

DO NOT TRUST THE FREE PROTEIN offer.  Period.

Edited by Happy-Camper
Becca52 likes this

H-C,

What happened?  Please share so that we will be informed of the risks. 

Bottom line, they charged my insurance company (not me) 5,300 for the scar cream and when I cancelled it they also cancelled the protein and the vitamins which they said they wouldn't do.  Lies were told by them and then denied. I have yet to see anyone else say they continued to get the vitamins and protein for longer than one month.   I tried it because frankly, I'm not wealthy and if they could get my insurance to pay for protein and vitamins I was going to try it.  They encouraged me to try their scar cream as an addendum, "oh by the wayyyy.... we have this scar cream..."  like it was no big deal.  However that's where they make their money.

avoid . at . all . costs.  unless you want your insurance maximums met really, really fast.

✯AprilWine✯ likes this

That's absolutely horrible!  Sorry that happened. 

thanks for the warning!

Thanks for the update!!!

You may want to update your First post as anyone who reads it will think it's a great program/company if they don't read through the rest of the thread first - the warning needs to be on the post with all the goodies pictured so others don't click through the link you posted and sign up.

Edited by ✿ Aprilwine ✿

Thanks for the update!!!

You may want to update your First post as anyone who reads it will think it's a great program/company if they don't read through the rest of the thread first - the warning needs to be on the post with all the goodies pictured so others don't click through the link you posted and sign up.

good idea~!  thanks!!!

Becca52 likes this

WOW! What a horrible twist! I am glad you updated and that I read to the end. I would have thought it was a great program, too. How awful!

✯AprilWine✯ likes this

just goes to show you can't trust anyone, I guess.  I'll probably always try though.