cinwa

Creating an Avatar (and photo's too big for the forum)

19 posts in this topic

shrinkpictures.com is the best website I know of for shrinking picture for avatars (link is on the left) and for photo's that are too big for our forum:  http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Caspian, Connie77, myreid52 and 3 others like this

thnx so much for the post!!!!

Connie77 likes this

Thank you!! :D

"How in the world do I decrease the size of my picture so I can upload to my profile?" That was what I was thinking as I set up my profile. Thank you so much for the post. I would've been completely lost without it. :)

"How in the world do I decrease the size of my picture so I can upload to my profile?" That was what I was thinking as I set up my profile. Thank you so much for the post. I would've been completely lost without it. :)

You are welcome Angie!

shrinkpictures.com is a good site if you get the message that your pictures are too big for the forum too.

monikers likes this

Thank you, cinwa

Awesome! thanks

Very helpful, thank you!

Glad it helped.

Arg! I can't get shrinkpics to work, it always times out before it's finished, & my email doesn't give me the option to downsize the attachment when I send a pic (it used to ask if I wanted to send it small, med, or large)! I'm frustrated. I'm glad I found one pic that I could use for my profile but it's the worste one I have. If anyone has suggestions I'm open, I really want to change my pic & be able to upload before & afters when I get to that point.

Arg! I can't get shrinkpics to work, it always times out before it's finished, & my email doesn't give me the option to downsize the attachment when I send a pic (it used to ask if I wanted to send it small, med, or large)! I'm frustrated. I'm glad I found one pic that I could use for my profile but it's the worste one I have. If anyone has suggestions I'm open, I really want to change my pic & be able to upload before & afters when I get to that point.

PM'd you Dela.

I tried that site and it still won't shrink my picture. I shrink it and all I see is blacked out pic :(

This is the picture shrinking site I prefer. Note that the picture will look sideways, but it really isn't.

http://www.picresize.com/

Trish79 likes this

11 minutes ago, WendyH said:

This is the picture shrinking site I prefer. Note that the picture will look sideways, but it really isn't.

http://www.picresize.com/

I did! Yay! For me that site was so much easier! Thank you :) This was my lesson on Avatars for dummies 101... lol ... my pic looks a bit blurry, but whatever I'm not gonna nit pick! Who am I kidding it's driving me nuts being blurry! I will conquer this!... hopefully... well maybe... :D

Edited by Trish79

Do either of these sites work with an iPhone?

Hi my name is Dot Wood, I had my vertical sleeve surgery completed on Monday, August 29, 2016 at Abington Hospital.  I'm one week out and finally feeling back to myself.  It was a long road getting there and I'm ready for a new healthy lifestyle.  I'm am finally excited about my future of being healthier and not hiding from mirrors once I get closer to my goal.  I wanted to join a forum with those that have had the surgery or others that are struggling with the decision of having the surgery.  I hope I get some guidance and give my guidance to others.  Thank you, Dot Wood, Erdenheim, Pennsylvania 09/06/2016

Sleevalicious likes this

Hi Dot Wood

Congratulations on a successful surgery and welcome to the losers bench.

You've come to the right place. On this forum you'll find both information and support. It's an educational journey as well as a physical one. There will be ups and downs, but ultimately you'll reach your goal of better health and a thinner silhouette.

Good luck on your journey to a new you.

Hi I am waiting to find out when I will have surgery. My gastric bypass has failed. There is a fistula that goes right into my stomach. I'm am nervous. 

Thank you!! I was struggling lol