Rainvenezia

Want to smoke

I also quit with an E-cig and I don't consider myself a smoker anymore. Yes, I know that I have nicotine in my system (I am down to 3mg from 24mg) - however, I don't smell, the second hand smoke isn't potentially killing everyone around me, I save a ton of money and it may not be the best for my health, but its better than smoking a pack a day.

I would try an E cig if you are serious about quitting. It is a little hard at first, but its easier than trying to give it up altogether, especially if you like smoking - good luck!

Think about how much money you WASTE smoking...

My god, a guy in front of me at Walgeens bought a carton and I about died...

3 cartons of cigarettes and you can buy a nice pair of jeans. or at least I can ... $6 a pack in Kansas????????????? Are you nuts?

Not to mention that the most recent studies show that e-cigs and their second hand smoke pose more health risks than the manufacturers recognize. Do a search and look at the most recent studies....if not for you, then for those around you.

$15 a pack in NYC...glad I stopped when it was $8...

WOW!!! Thats outragious!

$15 a pack would buy ME several pairs of jeans -- and a Vitamix or two....

i quit smoking over a year ago and it was so easy for me.

i read the book "Allen Carrs Easy Way To Stop Smoking"

You're supposed to smoke while you read the book too so it makes it easier.

by the time i was done reading i threw out my brand new pack with only 2 smokes gone out of it.

and i havent looked back.

i was a smoker of 8 years and i quit over a weekend i just kept reading the book and couldnt put it down.

i wasnt ready to quit either, it was more of someone telling me about the book and i said it doesnt work, sounds stupid. so i thought what do i have to loose, and it worked for me.

but thats me. it probably doenst work for everyone.

but give it a try!

Every excuse you make to allow yourself to smoke is the addiction talking!  You know its more important than a possible ulcer! You are fighting to get healthy and that means no smoking.  I smoked and quit 7 years ago and I still will get a craving once in a while.  Hang on tight and it will pass.  best wishes!

It's $15(ish) in Canada as well.

I am begging you to not start smoking again.  I know that the urge is so great.  I've dealt with it myself, and I only smoked one or two cigarettes a day for about four months.  However, I was with my mother when she died from COPD on November 26, 2013.  She stopped smoking 20 years prior, but the damage was done.  The last five years of her life, she was on tethered to her house on oxygen 24/7.  She had difficulty walking from one end of the house to the other.  She had to be bathed.  She got winded just trying to have a bowel movement.  She did manage to get out one day with the use of a wheelchair to visit her sister for the last time.  She was in bed for days after that.  The trip completely wore her out.  My mother was the catalyst for my surgery.  As I lay in bed, rubbing her back and singing to her as she struggled to breath, I swore I would not put my daughter through that.  I told my mother that I loved her, I told her she could leave, and I got up and walked out of the room for a minute to check on my sister.  My 16 year old daughter called me back in the room because she died when I walked out of the room.  She had been there to witness my daughter's first breaths, and my daughter was there to see her take her last.

Please do not get healthy only to become a slave to cigarettes again.  Your family needs you.

I am begging you to not start smoking again. I know that the urge is so great. I've dealt with it myself, and I only smoked one or two cigarettes a day for about four months. However, I was with my mother when she died from COPD on November 26, 2013. She stopped smoking 20 years prior, but the damage was done. The last five years of her life, she was on tethered to her house on oxygen 24/7. She had difficulty walking from one end of the house to the other. She had to be bathed. She got winded just trying to have a bowel movement. She did manage to get out one day with the use of a wheelchair to visit her sister for the last time. She was in bed for days after that. The trip completely wore her out. My mother was the catalyst for my surgery. As I lay in bed, rubbing her back and singing to her as she struggled to breath, I swore I would not put my daughter through that. I told my mother that I loved her, I told her she could leave, and I got up and walked out of the room for a minute to check on my sister. My 16 year old daughter called me back in the room because she died when I walked out of the room. She had been there to witness my daughter's first breaths, and my daughter was there to see her take her last.

Please do not get healthy only to become a slave to cigarettes again. Your family needs you.

Thank you for sharing this. It was very poignant. I am so thankful smoking has never been my thing. I grew up with two ladies who were long time family friends. They were on oxygen and still smoking and when you walked into their house there was a literal blue haze you walked through. I don't know how they didn't set themselves ablaze.

I was a CNA and it always boggled my mind how there were nurses who would do chest therapy and give these end stage copd'ers breathing treatments and then they would go outside and smoke as many cigs as they could on their 15 minute break. It's a hell of a thing. If you've stopped, don't start again. hopefully you are having WLS for health not vanity.

In a previous post, in this thread, I mentioned I did quit 4 years ago for my GBS and did not smoke for about 4 months BUT started up again.  So now 4 years later I am ready again to try to stop smoking.  

So I got myself into a research study to stop smoking called Breatheasy.  It has been a few weeks of going and yesterday was our quit day.  I can say I have not had a cig since Wen night but not going to lie this is HARD!  But I am determined and I know I can do this!

Also one thing we are working in my group is my fear of gaining weight if I stop smoking....