IWANT2GETSKINNY

Tried the 2 week pre-op diet

7 posts in this topic

Today I tried day 1 of the 2 wks pre-op diet, Well I made it, my plan is to do it 2 times a week for the next couple of wks then do 3 times a week for a couple of weeks then see if I can get up to one week. by the time I am ready for WLS I should have myself set for doing it for the full 2 wks.

It went fairly well kind of surprised myself.  I did drink 5 bottles of water today and got 81 mg of protein, it was only 755 calories really tough.   

Edited by IWANT2GETSKINNY
Natybug98 likes this

I'm proud of you!

The pre-op liquid diet can be really tough.  I like the idea of doing it for a day a week beforehand and increasing it.

It's not a total liquid diet only Breakfast and Lunch, Dinner I am aloud 4oz lean mean and 4oz veggies and 1 Tablespoon of Oil (probably skip the oil opting for Cooking Spray for the Mini George Forman grill)

I figure if I can space those out I am looking to have WLS sometime in March I will be able to do the full 2 wks w/little problems and my body wont be thinking that I am starving,  I really think the water was a big help to keep me from thinking that I was hungry too.

Thanks cinwa

I think it is a good idea to "practice" before you have to do it.  I started by replacing one meal per day with a protein shake, then two meals, then all three.  (Thankfully, you'll get to eat your third meal.) I really think taking baby steps helps your mind/body get ready.  Good job!  You're definitely motivated and you'll do great!

IWANT2GETSKINNY likes this

Thanks LissaLou :)

LissaLou likes this

I had talked to the DOctor about doing that and She told me not to put myself through the torture so I didn't.  It will be difficult either way.  Keep on striving until you win.  God bless you.

Bamasteve, I just want to experience it because I know it is torture to day is day 2 for this week, but if I can get my mind around these couple of days a week then when I do get to the 2 week deal it will be better for me.  I have found that if I am working it is easier for me to keep on.  I am off today and it was really difficult, and I still have a few hours before bed, thank God I am doing some overtime tomorrow so it will be easier than today since I have to leave the house a 3am to be at work at 4am :) 

I realize it is not for everyone to try.  The biggest thing about this whole process I see is that it is a "MIND GAME" and if you can get your mind locked into it, it will go a lot smoother,  I'm just saying is all