Kimi33

Changes

6 posts in this topic

This is my last semester as a teacher.  It has been good at times and bad the other times.  I do admit there will be kids that I miss, but I won't miss the mountain of forever-changing paperwork of a sped teacher.  I also won't miss the numerous duty assignments.  

I will be starting a new life.  It may be scary at times, but I know with God on my side that I can do it!  I look forward to the biology, chemistry, and forensic classes.  They will take me back to my first love...science. 

Ok, I better stop rabbling. I need to prepare for morning duty.

Are you going back to school?  Three cheers for you.  

A friend left a lucrative, but unfilling job in her mid-fifties to go back to school and get a masters and Ph.D. in the field she always loved, but had not originally pursued. Along the way, life presented her with some speed bumps, but in the process she discovered she is a phenomenal writer.  Her first book will be published this spring!

Yes, I am going back to school.  I will double major in Molecular Biology/Chemistry with a minor in Forensics.  That sounds like a lot but the classes they overlap.

Good luck to you!

That is awesome.  I have a BS in chemistry and MS in biology.  I love what I do.  I really admire people who can teach, but I'd think I'd kill someone if I had to do it.  Good luck!!

Kimi33 likes this

I too am leaving teaching after twenty one years. My reason is that my husband is relocating to charleston, sc.

I will agree with you about the mountain of paper work in sped. I teach algebra and geometry modified. I will definitely miss the students.

I am trying to figure out what to do with all the time I will have. Walking the dogs and cooking dinner will not use all my time. I have thought about taking a college class but for no other reason than fun.

Good luck.

Kimi33 likes this