Dave bee

Cheating on post op diet

Hi,

I'm 4 days post surgery,

I cheated on a few pieces of potato that my wife made for dinner...

I had no issues with it going down (I chewed it up well) but I'm a little nervous, I'm not sure why exactly it's not allowed. I don't want to mess anything up in there

I did not stay on liquids the 2 full weeks after surgery and skipped the mushy stage......and was ok. All though I did soups the first week or so.

I believe it's not allowed in the beginning to allow your stomach to heal without your band really having to work to squeeze the solids through.

If it were me, I'd give my stomach a break for at least for a week or so, but I'm sure you're just fine... Just be mindful that your main foods from here out will be primarily protein.

Thank you. Sounds good. I'll try to stay on liquid for now. Just wish I understood everything that was going on in there

Not sure what your office is like. I feel like I have been really fortunate in a couple of ways

1. My husband and I did this together- so there was No temptation

2. We have a lot of after care! Right after surgery, I went in every 2 weeks, then every 3, and now once a month. I also have an advocate that I can call or email should I have questions or concerns. She also has a band.

Right now, you heal! Then they will start adding the fluid and begin finding your optimum level. It's a process... Hang in there and remember you get out of this what you put in. Do your part :)

Good luck!

I dunno about the band, but potato is essentially mush anyway.

Best to stay with your food plan, that was the whole point of surgery, yes?

Edited by tmcgee

The reason is for the swelling. I was able to eat mushy foods and then after my 10 day appt east solids. I get 90 grams of protein and my 90 oz of water or fluid a day. It gets easier trust me!