Beautiful4ever

Champagne

Hello all. I have the lap band. I am six months out. On my one year Bandaversary I will be having my BIG BIG wedding. What I want to know will it HURT me to have one Glass of champagne? Will it make me sick? I have had no carbonation I thought I would miss it but I don't. I hate the taste of Champagne I will even go for the sparking cider, I guess the Question I am having here will Carbonation hurt me after 1 year of having the band just one glass of what ever I want. :-) 

Congrats on the wedding! 

The carbonation will not hurt your band... however.. it may make you uncomfortable. With the band, air does not escape the same way...and may cause you to feel slightly like you did after surgery when they inflated your stomach to place your band. Air that doesn't immediately come out!

All though it is recommended that you stay away, my doctor says it is perfectly okay if you want to leave it out and let it go flat first if you just have to have the taste. 

Husband had a coke at Christmas, and was mildly uncomfortable for a time, but just fine. 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks for the helpful info! I haven't had any sodas and sonics cherry limeaids were my weakness lol that and Dr. Pepper lol.

Me either... i was a HEAVY coca-cola drinker myself. 

I don't miss it, but i wouldn't NOT have the champagne on my wedding day. I really find that there isn't much i CANT have, just limitations on amounts and frequency :)

I cant wait to see what 6 more months will do! 

I find I can't have what I love and pizzas are one :-). There isn't much I can't have either I test the waters if it gets stuck I don't ever eat them again. :-) I hate champagne think I will do the sparkling cider :-)

Honestly- i find I enjoy the pizza i make myself the most enjoyable!  Really Really thin crust, lots of veggies, and protein! Hubby agrees its way better than anything we've bought.

Bread was always my problem, we don't even buy it anymore. Good riddance! 

Sounds funny, but i have the most trouble with leftovers. What was just fine the night before... will not go down so easily the next day. Who knows...Small price to pay  :wub:

HAHAH Yea bread No good for me. LOL.. I might have to try your Pizza thin crust. :-) 

Not sure where you live- but Trade- Joes has a raw dough you can buy in several varieties. I just make a larger/flatter version and freeze or package whats not eaten for left-overs

Also, found wood-fired flat bread pizza crusts at Super Target a couple weeks ago. Pretty tasty, and crunchy not doughy